• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

SPOTLIGHT Alan Parson’s “Ammonia Avenue” on Blu-Ray Audio Disc

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

Sal1950

QQ Supporter
I emailed Cherry Records tonight inquiring on when my BluRay will be shipping?
We'll see if I get a reply.

Scott65

701 Club - QQ All-Star
With all the uncertainty (and disease) in the air, I decided to cancel my pre-order for the box set and go with the single disc Blu-Ray instead.
I may buy the box set later on when things stabilize again, but for now, I think the Blu-Ray is all I really need.

:)
I've gone with the blu-ray option too. Cheaper and less clutter in the house....

Sal1950

QQ Supporter
I've got 2tb of first level music only storage that is rapidly filling up (to my surprise). o_O
I've started to be a little more discriminating on what I store, why buy and store a bunch of stuff I'll never listen to? If I have the multich tracks, in most cases the rest of the box set just end up being superfluous to me. YMMV

Sal1950

QQ Supporter
Cherry Red is running a quick sale on their website:

:)
Nice, I paid full price for the pre-order and it goes on sale immediately after it comes in stock. :mad:
I had to email them to find out if it was being shipped yet after the everyone else was talking here about getting theirs. They replied 2 days later it was on it's way but I still haven't seen it. First and last order for Cherry Red

sfactor23

I bought from Cherry Red I think the first day it was released? I ordered on March 4th.
Wow - I preordered in January from Cherry Red and haven’t received confirmation of shipping yet - I emailed them yesterday, asking about my order and have yet to receive a reply 🙄

Sal1950

QQ Supporter
I haven't seen my order from Cherry Red either, nor did I ever get a shipping confirmation.
I emailed them some days ago and got this response on Mon 30th

"Good Afternoon,
Thank you for your email, I can confirm that your order was dispatched to you on the 24th of March so shall be arriving with you shortly.
Kind regards,
Jenny "

sfactor23

I haven't seen my order from Cherry Red either, nor did I ever get a shipping confirmation.
I emailed them some days ago and got this response on Mon 30th

"Good Afternoon,
Thank you for your email, I can confirm that your order was dispatched to you on the 24th of March so shall be arriving with you shortly.
Kind regards,
Jenny "
Thanks for the update. I can understand delays in receiving the disc - particularly with what is going on now - at least your disc was definitely shipped, hoping mine is the same

SHB

I like CherryRed Records but I wish they would send a notification that your order has shipped. I always have to email them asking if my order was shipped. I’m waiting on AA stand alone blu ray and turn of the cards from themI believe I pre-ordered back in December 14th...that old gray mare she ain’t what she used to be

Group builder