Alan Parson’s “Ammonia Avenue” on Blu-Ray Audio Disc

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And I suppose the postman collided with the singing teapot and Ammonia Avenue ended up in the rose🌹 bush......yada yada

See the source image

See the source image

See the source image

And the pig stopped by because he heard the music and felt like JAMMIN'

See the source image
At least its not a pig's ear of a release, that would take the bacon, but must trot along and put my snout into a trough!

At least its not a pig's ear of a release, that would take the bacon, but must trot along and put my snout into a trough!

But lest we forget, Duncan .... A Rose by any other name would smell as sweet [the bard himself, Billy Shakespeare]

See the source image

And Ammonia Avenue is only a prelude to Alan's next much anticipated remix I ROBOT!

Let 'er rip, Ethel

Ordered mine from ImportCDs also. Can't tell if it shipped or not. Their web page does leave something to be desired as far as info goes.
Going into my account: I see no tracking info so I guess it hasn't shipped yet. I wonder what the criteria is for who gets what in what order? I ordered in late Dec. 2019...

Just ordered from Canadian store on Amazon.
Estimated arrival date..April 28-May 20!

Oh well...I will have forgotten about it, and will recieved a nice surprise!

Are some of you getting the deluxe set (BD, CD, LP) and is it worth it? ImportCD is out of stock on the 5.1 BD and looks like Amazon is handling only the box set. So wondering if the box set is worth the money or just wait for more BD's to come in.

Are some of you getting the deluxe set (BD, CD, LP) and is it worth it? ImportCD is out of stock on the 5.1 BD and looks like Amazon is handling only the box set. So wondering if the box set is worth the money or just wait for more BD's to come in.

The boxset on Amazon ships from and is sold by importcds, doesn't say how many are available but does say in stock.
I am still waiting for the standalone Blu-ray from Cherry Red.

I mentioned this on "Life in Surround" on Facebook which is BTW my favorite YouTube Channel!
I played Ammonia Avenue twice yesterday evening. I've always liked this recording, but now just love it. That happens a lot of with me with various albums. It's between OK and very good but the surround experience gives a new appreciation to the artistry and craft of the recording while isolating nuances. Alan Parsons obviously is an excellent mixer. Not many if any (Steven Wilson is another) that can both engineer AND create great music.

Back