Alan Parson’s “Ammonia Avenue” on Blu-Ray Audio Disc

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Received my Blu-ray late yesterday. Will give it a listen today. Also, I’m really happy that they are releasing these Blu-rays independent of the box set.No other artist or label seems willing to do that. Though if I Robot is the next set I just may have to spring for the box set.

Now if I could just find a way to convince Mr. Parsons to take my monies for a Surround Sound Mix of an album he engineered & produced in 1976.
Somewhere I've Never Travelled - Ambrosia.
YES!!! I love Ambrosia, and I particularly like their "older" stuff where I swear they are almost "proggy"...just a bit. :)

Anyone have issues playing the DTS HD MA 5.1 track on this disc? Today I tried listening to it and the audio was cutting out every other second has if my player was having issues reading the audio track. The stereo and LPCM 5.1 tracks are totally fine though. This is the only Blu Ray I have that I’ve had this issue with. Not a huge deal since I can just listen to the LPCM track but thought I’d ask.

Anyone have issues playing the DTS HD MA 5.1 track on this disc? Today I tried listening to it and the audio was cutting out every other second has if my player was having issues reading the audio track. The stereo and LPCM 5.1 tracks are totally fine though. This is the only Blu Ray I have that I’ve had this issue with. Not a huge deal since I can just listen to the LPCM track but thought I’d ask.
I haven't had any problems playing it.

This may have already been discussed, but:

I see GOS's Foobar analysis shows 16 bits. Audacity also shows 16 valid bits when I load the FLACs backed up from the 96/24 PCM 5.1 MKV with Audiomuxer. When I play the BD in my Sony though, it shows 24 bits. Are there 8 bits of bloat on the BD or is Audiomuxer doing something weird with the MKV? What have you guys found?

Last edited:
Back