Alan Parsons “One Note Symphony” Live in Tel Aviv Blu-Ray

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
Here’s ANOTHER new live Blu-Ray from Alan Parsons out in February: ALAN PARSONS - One Note Symphony: Live In Tel Aviv - Blu Ray

ALAN-PARSONS-BLURAY.jpg

Last edited:
Oh no! I have one on the way to me right now. :( 🥃

yep, I have already sent an email to the record label Frontiers Music, but it will probably just fall on deaf ears, which is really a shame because we all know that AP cares very passionately about lossless audio.
Also, the previous Blu-Ray (the Neverending show, released in November 2021) had the correct audio (LPCM stereo and DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 surround)

yep, I have already sent an email to the record label Frontiers Music, but it will probably just fall on deaf ears, which is really a shame because we all know that AP cares very passionately about lossless audio.
Also, the previous Blu-Ray (the Neverending show, released in November 2021) had the correct audio (LPCM stereo and DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 surround)
Just couldn't get into The Neverending Show. Weak performances was my feeling. So, I was really looking forward to this one.

Received my copy today. As rtbluray says above the box and disc menu say DTS HD but the disc only has DD 5.1 and stereo sound. I did a quick flick through the disc to see what the performance is like and initially found the bass to be a bit weak. When I switched my receiver to "Direct" mode this improved considerably. The mix isn't a traditional arrangement of audience in the rears and, from my quick check, there do appear to be instruments in the rears. I just hope that we get a replacement disc programme to correct the mistake.

I just got the CD/DVD edition and hadn't read this thread yet. Anyone heard anything back from the label or AP about the blu-ray?

Here's the reply I got from Frontiers Records:

Dear Matthew,
Thank you for contacting us about this. Alan Parsons and Frontiers Records have been recently alerted to the fact that there was an error that occurred with the Blu-ray of One Note Symphony during the mastering process, specifically at the mastering facility. Although both the sleeve artwork and the video menu state that the surround audio is in the DTS-HD format, it actually was mastered in the Dolby Digital 5.1 surround format. While we imagine most people will find the audio to be of excellent quality, we do apologize to those who may be disappointed by the error and understand your frustration.
All the best,

Giulio Cataldo
Production Manager
Frontiers Records

Here's the reply I got from Frontiers Records:

Dear Matthew,
Thank you for contacting us about this. Alan Parsons and Frontiers Records have been recently alerted to the fact that there was an error that occurred with the Blu-ray of One Note Symphony during the mastering process, specifically at the mastering facility. Although both the sleeve artwork and the video menu state that the surround audio is in the DTS-HD format, it actually was mastered in the Dolby Digital 5.1 surround format. While we imagine most people will find the audio to be of excellent quality, we do apologize to those who may be disappointed by the error and understand your frustration.
All the best,

Giulio Cataldo
Production Manager
Frontiers Records
So its a mastering error and not a packaging error. But they didn't offer a replacement when available.

Maybe you could suggest that they include the concert film as an extra on the upcoming studio album? There would be precedent, the set for The Secret included a reissue of the LiveSpan double CD. If Frontiers can be bothered to put the next studio album on a blu-ray, there would be enough space on it to include a DTS version of the movie too. Or maybe just the audio part?

It would be cutting into their own profit to a degree, but short of a replacement would be a nice consolation for dedicated fans.

This is a fantastic concert. However, I have both the North American and Japanese versions. The Japanese release does have the audio as advertised and also the Pop-Up menu function works. What a difference those two things make over the NA version. The size of the files on disc of the Japanese version are almost twice the size of the NA version as well. It appears to me that due to the absence of the Pop-Up menu and the DTS MA on the NA version, the Blu-Ray is little more than a DVD. Someone confused the two formats. So the NA version is definitely an error. The concert experience is way better on the Japanese version.

This is a fantastic concert. However, I have both the North American and Japanese versions. The Japanese release does have the audio as advertised and also the Pop-Up menu function works. What a difference those two things make over the NA version. The size of the files on disc of the Japanese version are almost twice the size of the NA version as well. It appears to me that due to the absence of the Pop-Up menu and the DTS MA on the NA version, the Blu-Ray is little more than a DVD. Someone confused the two formats. So the NA version is definitely an error. The concert experience is way better on the Japanese version.
Dang, where do you get the japanese version? Or is it not available?

I tried CDJapan but they only have the Blu-ray edition with two CDs which would cost me around £60 delivered plus any import fees. It's not an option for me to pay out this amount of money for a disc to replace an obvious mastering error by whoever produced the European disc. I hope Alan Parsons is aware of the way in which his European fans are being treated. :mad:

Back