Alan Parsons Project- “I Robot”!! Where is it?!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Upmixes suck (i.e. You can do Neural X yourself) but are all too common on "share" sites. That's the only I Robot DVD-Audio I've ever seen.

I did see an HD Audio stereo version for sale before (SACD), though, but that's throwing money down the drain unless it's properly remastered as bits/sampling mean squat on the playback side, IMO.

There were 2 different Classic Records STEREO discs first one was DAD 24/96 only and the second one was up to HDAD 24/192.

https://www.discogs.com/The-Alan-Parsons-Project-I-Robot/release/3981542
https://www.discogs.com/The-Alan-Parsons-Project-I-Robot/release/2236291
Ah!
I got caught out as I bought John Lee Hooker's "Mr Lucky" and Pete Townshend's "Who Came First" which were DADs, but advertised as DVD-Audio (which is what they really are) and that is when I discovered not everything is in surround! Great music though, but I already had them on CD.

Classic Records brought out DVD Audios of "I Robot" and "Turn Of A Friendly Card in 2004 but both were stereo only. The DRs for the two discs were 12 and 14 respectively.
What sounds better in your opinion SACD of the DVD-A version or have you seen reviews comparing, I’ve seen none

No idea….I’m sure someone will make a comment soon that knows
The Alan Parsons Project ‎– I Robot
HDAD 24/192 stereo

"While there is some unavoidable analog tape hiss present, this DAD is overall the quietest version of this recording I've ever heard. This helps contribute to the excellent dynamics, in both loud and soft passages, that are the most impressive aspect of the sonic upgrade the remastering offers.
The better your system, the more you should appreciate what's been done here, because it's the low-level details that are improved all around rather than any big alteration in how the recording sounds"

MVIMG_20201216_120046.jpg
MVIMG_20201216_120300.jpg

What sounds better in your opinion SACD of the DVD-A version or have you seen reviews comparing, I’ve seen none
I've never had a chance to compare the two versions side-by-side but being an APP fan I was more interested in finding decent sounding versions of the two discs rather than the CD remasters which came out in the 2000s.

The Alan Parsons Project ‎– I Robot
HDAD 24/192 stereo

"While there is some unavoidable analog tape hiss present, this DAD is overall the quietest version of this recording I've ever heard. This helps contribute to the excellent dynamics, in both loud and soft passages, that are the most impressive aspect of the sonic upgrade the remastering offers.
The better your system, the more you should appreciate what's been done here, because it's the low-level details that are improved all around rather than any big alteration in how the recording sounds"

View attachment 70032View attachment 70033
Very informative….thanks!! :bowing:

I just really hope that when this comes out it's not some huge, expensive, box set where I get fake concert tickets, a poster, the LP, some interviews on DVD or Blu-ray that I'll never watch, a regular CD and maybe a bandana. Just give me I Robot in multi-channel! 🤬

I just really hope that when this comes out it's not some huge, expensive, box set where I get fake concert tickets, a poster, the LP, some interviews on DVD or Blu-ray that I'll never watch, a regular CD and maybe a bandana. Just give me I Robot in multi-channel! 🤬

You forgot to mention 'postcards.'

Maybe the robot went "DESTROY DESTROY!" while he took it. :D

Could the stereo version be in Dolby Surround?

Back