Alan Parsons Project- “I Robot”!! Where is it?!

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

ar surround

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
I'm not sure what all the trepidation is about. I purchased all of the Parsons releases so far and I didn't have to buy a bloated set to get any of them. All were released as stand alone versions, though it may have been a short time after the big box release.
Fortunately, Parsons is gentlemanly enough to release standalone versions. There are a number of releases that I did not buy because my level of interest was not enough to warrant the cost of a big box set...dare I mention Gene Clark, among others.

LuvMyQuad

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Fortunately, Parsons is gentlemanly enough to release standalone versions. There are a number of releases that I did not buy because my level of interest was not enough to warrant the cost of a big box set...dare I mention Gene Clark, among others.
I also think he's smart enough to know that by not doing so he's leaving money on the table due to smaller sales.

Tres Discrete

QQ Supporter
The Alan Parsons Project ‎– I Robot
HDAD 24/192 stereo

"While there is some unavoidable analog tape hiss present, this DAD is overall the quietest version of this recording I've ever heard. This helps contribute to the excellent dynamics, in both loud and soft passages, that are the most impressive aspect of the sonic upgrade the remastering offers.
The better your system, the more you should appreciate what's been done here, because it's the low-level details that are improved all around rather than any big alteration in how the recording sounds"

View attachment 70032View attachment 70033
This is the crazy version I have…I am not clever enough to analyze wave forms and DR values, but I can tell you it sounds a lot better to my ears than my (ancient) CD.
But more to the point, if there was ever a release that screams to be released in multichannel, it is this one!
May the surround gods smile on us one day (before I croak…)

Beefalo

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
If there was ever a release that screams to be released in multichannel, it is this one!
May the surround gods smile on us one day (before I croak…)
:ROFLMAO: @Tres Discrete
"I came to be aware that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.”
Now I'm going crazy waiting.
Where's my I Robot?

Fourplay

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
My understanding is that the HDAD is the version to get for the stereo. Although it is out of print and usually not cheap. I do have a copy and it sounds great!

Meanwhile, the album is begging for a surround mix and one would assume that - knowing how well the other mixes have turned out - this mix would be spectacular. The wait continues...

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
Update on Alan Parsons Facebook: Turn of a Friendly Card deluxe edition is being worked upon for a release in spring 2022.
I guess we won't see I Robot until 2023, hope I'm wrong
Maybe "I Robot" will be out in deluxe form in the Fall of 2022.
Either way, I'm just excited that we are finally getting the deluxe release of Turn of a Friendly Card!

:)

jsrstereo

Since 2002/2003
The Raven (song) is the best (I like the Alan Parsons remix one on his Valid Path album too, which is DTS only) both in 5.1 surround. Eye in the Sky is great also (I have that on Blu-Ray). I've only listened to I Robot once (stereo only which is probably why I haven't played it more). They should move to Atmos, though. Neural X works pretty well, though.

My suggestion is that you listen to your stereo I Robot thru the Surround Master - you just might change your mind.

Cheers: John R

ar surround

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
My suggestion is that you listen to your stereo I Robot thru the Surround Master - you just might change your mind.

Cheers: John R
Yes. The three hi res APP recording are all most excellent when played through the Surround Master.