Alan Parsons Project - The Turn of a Friendly Card (Box Set in Feb 2023, standalone Blu-Ray in May)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just ordered the standalone blu-ray from Cherry Red - didn't want to wait for US distributor or change in price/availability, etc. Will fit nicely with my growing AP surround collection.

Last edited:
Still, no word from Cherry Red regarding mine!, maybe because it’s supposed to be a signed copy
Same here. I inquired to Cherry Red about it but that was at about 3pm on a Friday so I’m not expecting to hear back until Monday at the earliest.

Gonna be real pissed if they’re actually sold out and never shipped out my copy as I ordered on December 2nd, the day it was announced. Seems to be on back-order everywhere else too.

I, too, ordered on 2 December, only i also ordered a set that is not released until 10 March. I'm hoping they both get delivered at that point!
Screenshot 2023-03-04 at 5.08.39 PM.png

Same here. I inquired to Cherry Red about it but that was at about 3pm on a Friday so I’m not expecting to hear back until Monday at the earliest.

Gonna be real pissed if they’re actually sold out and never shipped out my copy as I ordered on December 2nd, the day it was announced. Seems to be on back-order everywhere else too.
$82 on Amazon US. If that takes away your worry about not being able to get a copy.

$82 on Amazon US. If that takes away your worry about not being able to get a copy.
I can easily get a box set from Amazon.ca (without prime, mind you), but for me it’s mainly the principle that I pre-ordered months ago which theoretically should’ve secured me a copy, not to mention the signed postcard that’s included. Maybe that’s the culprit for the hold up? Who knows.

Overall it sounds compressed, thin, and with a midrange boost.

The bottom end is lacking, the drums have no punch.

The mastering is loud.

Disappointing.

Personally I think Alan may have lost his touch in terms of mixing, perhaps due to age.

The surround mix is otherwise well done and makes me appreciate the record more.

I haven't purchased this title as of yet, but for reference here is a screen shot of Games People Play and Time from the 192/24 Stereo HDAD. The excellent dynamic range is readily apparent from the waveforms. It would be interesting to see the waveforms for the 5.1 of these songs on the new release.

AP.jpg

Back