Alan Parsons Project - The Turn of a Friendly Card (Box Set in Feb 2023, standalone Blu-Ray in May)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My order on the Cherry Red website says "Completed" but no E-Mail received as such.
Don’t worry Guy, the day the box set was released I hadn’t gotten a shipping confirmation from Cherry Red. Waited a couple weeks then finally decided to email them. Turns out they shipped it about 5 days before the release date, so I’m sure it’s a similar situation for you.

Don’t worry Guy, the day the box set was released I hadn’t gotten a shipping confirmation from Cherry Red. Waited a couple weeks then finally decided to email them. Turns out they shipped it about 5 days before the release date, so I’m sure it’s a similar situation for you.
Thanks. Hopefully.

What is the sound format on the Andy Jackson?
16851786163461932710203901655089.jpg

There you go...

Oops coming right up... :D

Somewhat unexpectedly received my TOAFC blu-ray yesterday from Cherry Red. I paid $11 for tracking and never received a shipping notice or tracking number. The order status remained "Processing" until today when it flipped to "Completed" :rolleyes:. At least it arrived in pristine condition. First couple of listens confirms that the surround mix is really good - both directional and fully immersive with a huge soundstage. However, I do find a few tracks to be a tad brighter than I would prefer, especially when played at volume. Nothing too terrible, but noticeable. Overall, a very good standalone surround blu-ray release (including a booklet, a hi-res stereo version and a few videos) for a very reasonable price. I wish more artists/companies were willing to release these types of streamlined packages. Also, I hope Alan Parsons jumps on the Atmos bandwagon for I, Robot and Pyramid. Will compare with my ancient DAD before voting.

Somewhat unexpectedly received my TOAFC blu-ray yesterday from Cherry Red. I paid $11 for tracking and never received a shipping notice or tracking number. The order status remained "Processing" until today when it flipped to "Completed" :rolleyes:. At least it arrived in pristine condition. First couple of listens confirms that the surround mix is really good - both directional and fully immersive with a huge soundstage. However, I do find a few tracks to be a tad brighter than I would prefer, especially when played at volume. Nothing too terrible, but noticeable. Overall, a very good standalone surround blu-ray release (including a booklet, a hi-res stereo version and a few videos) for a very reasonable price. I wish more artists/companies were willing to release these types of streamlined packages. Also, I hope Alan Parsons jumps on the Atmos bandwagon for I, Robot and Pyramid. Will compare with my ancient DAD before voting.
....and keep DTS MA 5.1 intact and in the 'bandwagon' too. It sure seems like Atmos for music is being groomed for mostly streaming and definitely not so much in physical releases with included 5.1's.. Keep us physical media folks in the loop with the surround formats ( 5.1 included).. We may be moved out soon too. Brilliant move in the 'music industry'... typical... I want this!.... so f the rest!

Last edited:
I hope you are able to get a refund on your tracking fee.

Gee, that's very nice. It would be even nicer if they'd ship the product to those of us who paid the full $21.62 when it was announced.
Import CDs has it listed with a release date of June 2, and they charged my credit card today (I also paid $21.62). So it seems to me that they are on schedule with this particular item.

Of the 10 APP albums we now have albums 1, 5, 6 and 7 in surround, we now need mini box sets with 2, 3 and 4 (I robot, Pyramid and Eve) and 8, 9 and 10 (Vulture culture, Stereotomy and Gaudi), if they get released one at a time i’ll be in my 70’s so from a very selfish point of view we need them asap.
Alan, if you’re reading this please take our money from us, if you need help i’m sure Steven Wilson, Bruce Soord and Stephen W Tayler can help out 🤞👍

Back