Alan Parsons Project - The Turn of a Friendly Card (Box Set in Feb 2023, standalone Blu-Ray in May)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had this on pre-order through Amazon back when it was first listed as one. Three days ago, our pre-order was changed to April 3 release? We canceled and ordered through 3rd party vendor. Shenanigans!
:p ~Thanks for reviews here...do appreciate that!

The Amazon link says the Blu-ray is region 2B. Is this going to be the case?
I didn't think Blu-rays had region coding until I got a movie for Christmas that wouldn't play.

I think it's a mistake. Isn't blu ray audio not subject to region? Think all good on this release.
Blu-Ray is subject to three regions. The US and Canada are Region A. Europe, Australia, and Japan are Region B. Everywhere else is Region C. I could be a bit off on the geographic areas, but if a disc is intended for all regions, it will show all three region codes on the cover.

Looking at the audio only blu rays we own... they are either no region or labeled abc (all) region. But wondering about the 'promotional' videos in this one? Thinking mislabeled amazon ad.👌

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure that is not applicable to blu-ray audio. I asked the same question a couple of years ago about King Crimson blu-ray audio that had the same designation on Amazon. More likely whoever made the decision to include that warning doesn't know much about blu-ray audio.

Regardless, it's Amazon, so who cares? You can always return it.

...blu-ray audio...
I feel like a broken record at this point, but Blu-ray Audio isn't an existing standard. It was proposed, but never realized. All playable Blu-rays are the same, with the same folder structure (BDMV). Any can be region-locked. It is standard practice, however, for music-centric discs (same as DVDs) to be region-free or all-region so that they can be sold worldwide in one version.

Back