Alan Parsons Project - The Turn of a Friendly Card (Box Set in Feb 2023, standalone Blu-Ray in May)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm concerned about the bonus tracks. What happened to:

Nothing Left To Lose (Early Studio Version with Eric's Guide Vocal)
The Ace of Swords (Early Version with Piano on Melody)

At first I thought, that third version of "Nothing Left to Lose" would finally be grouped in with the almost complete unfinished version of the album (and maybe lose its fade) but nope - that jumps straight from "The Ace of Swords" to part 2 of the title track as it did on the 2015 double CD, only that the second version of "The Ace of Swords" is missing, too, now.

I hope this is just an error.

Pre order in. Heck it's Alan Parsons. TOAFC is IMHO his best. Pictured below is a photograph of Alan an Me. I have met his several times and have mentioned to him about revisiting his catalog and remixing to 5.1. He mentioned to me that it would be very expensive, and he did not think there would be a market for that. (The success of Eye in the Sky and Ammonia Avenue box sets would put that fear to rest). I would like to think that my conversations with him (As well as others) may have cumulatively helped to influence him to go the 5.1 (Atmos) remixes. Anyway I cannot wait to get my copy of Turn of a Friendly Card.

Attachments

• DSC02883.JPG
    DSC02883.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
I would like to think that my conversations with him (As well as others) may have cumulatively helped to influence him to go the 5.1 (Atmos) remixes.
The changes in the market demand may have also had a bit of an influence. None of us would have envisioned whats currently going on in the multich streaming market just a couple years back..

Sigh…
I suppose this is good news & I am happy for those that love this album…but…
(and I understand this opinion may not be too popular)…the only APP album I REALLY care about is “I Robot”
A formative album for me shared by my oldest friend, who would later be killed in 9/11.
Lots of memories.
Hope they release it sooner than later…I’m not getting any younger…
⌛🙏🏼 ❤️

The changes in the market demand may have also had a bit of an influence. None of us would have envisioned whats currently going on in the multich streaming market just a couple years back..
Indeed, multi-channel streaming has shafted the disc collectors market. Along with the tactile experience that comes with it :(

Back