Alan Parsons Project - The Turn of a Friendly Card (Box Set in Feb 2023, standalone Blu-Ray in May)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had jut ordered the box yesterday! Thankfully I had ordered from Bull Moose who (unlike Import CDs) make it very easy to cancel an order. :)

Grateful now that I don't have to spend the money on a big box. Hopefully the 5.1 will appear on the streaming services when the box is released so those of us who opt to wait for the stand-alone disc can at least get to preview the mix. Great news!

God bless Alan Parsons…taking care of his fans yet again.
Or, The Turn of a FRIENDLY card, AR!

See the source image

But will the standalonge blu ray have 5.1 DTS-HD or will we get screwed with a standalone Dolby Digital 5.1 which occurred on one of the Alan Parsons last year?

But will the standalonge blu ray have 5.1 DTS-HD or will we get screwed with a standalone Dolby Digital 5.1 which occurred on one of the Alan Parsons last year?
All of the APP blu rays have been DTS-HD so far, nothing to suggest this will be different, AP solo albums don’t sell in big numbers which is the difference

All of the APP blu rays have been DTS-HD so far, nothing to suggest this will be different, AP solo albums don’t sell in big numbers which is the difference

Different label philosophies may play a part as well. The APP releases have been on Cherry Red Records (Boutique / focusing more on re-releases) and the last few Parson albums have been on Frontiers Music (seems to focus on new releases from mostly hard rock/metal).

I am not sure if AP has ever addressed his views on what format he would prefer for his new releases.

I’m going to stick with the box set as well for now, but I might try finding a better price as I ordered direct from Cherry Red.

I do like the idea of the signed postcard though…

Different label philosophies may play a part as well. The APP releases have been on Cherry Red Records (Boutique / focusing more on re-releases) and the last few Parson albums have been on Frontiers Music (seems to focus on new releases from mostly hard rock/metal).

I am not sure if AP has ever addressed his views on what format he would prefer for his new releases.
This all raises an interesting question though: would you put up with a less-than-optimal surround format if it saved you from buying a big box set full of stuff you don’t want or need?
In my case, I think the answer is…yes 🤑

Back