Alan Parsons Project - The Turn of a Friendly Card (Box Set in Feb 2023, standalone Blu-Ray in May)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
🎲 🎲 - I think I'll roll the dice and wait a few more days to see if it drops anywhere else. Sure it's a gamble, I know!
gambler.jpg

I'm quite sure it's talked about within this thread here. Go back & read thru it. 🤓
And, duh, I missed like 30 posts on this thread. LOL, sorry about that!

Although when I went back to links from that earlier post, I didn't see any active confirmation on the stand alone bluray, and watched the whole video which didn't call it out in the voice-over (although I may have missed a written caption). The CherryRed link provided is no longer active, and the site only seems to mention the full box set when I tried searching for everything on Parsons there... Maybe they pulled the reference down because it was killing sales and causing too many cancellations? I hope it doesn't change the outcome or, again, I am just missing something.

This all raises an interesting question though: would you put up with a less-than-optimal surround format if it saved you from buying a big box set full of stuff you don’t want or need?
In my case, I think the answer is…yes 🤑
There is a third option - don't buy it at all if it's not important enough to you... I'm in this camp for TOAFC (unless it gets a standalone BluRay release, which it looks like is now indeed planned to happen).

I've previously bought all the AP stand alone BluRays and am waiting for iRobot - THAT is one of my favourite all time albums, THAT I wuould buy the boxset just for the hi-res multi-channel, but not the others (Try Anything Once, perhaps).

Having said that, I did also buy The Secret, which was only available on DVD, and therefore no lossless multi-channel hi-res, and as that was the only available format, I'm still glad I got it. I guess I'm both agreeing and disagreeing with you all at once... ;)

TLDR - it depends... ;) :D

Back