Alan Parsons Project - The Turn of a Friendly Card (Box Set in Feb 2023, standalone Blu-Ray in May)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gah. Not good news.
I suspect Parsons has lost his hearing and nobody is checking his work for sound quality.
I thought From the New World sounded fine.

As far as the liner notes go, do they make any mention of Eric Woolfson's musical Gambler? After all, that deals (ha!) with the same themes as TOaFC...

I find half of Ammonia Avenue to be bright while the other half isn't. I think that @edisonbaggins brought that up in his video review? From what I'm reading here, it seems that TTOAFC can probably be manipulated to one's taste after ripping it and making EQ adjustments with a DAW.
It's too bright!
Naw, it's just too bass shy
The F - R balance is bad,
Nope, it's prefect.
Etc, etc, etc.

LOL, that's what they make tone controls and balance sliders for. ;)

I listen to all discs with Audessey turned off. So direct sound. The highs are no problem here.
I wonder why you find it that to be that way?
If you've configured it correctly it should make for improvement.
Specially the highs since Audyssey's stock curve rolls off the very top end 3-5 db.

Wonder if @PaulatSDE had bought out all the transparent "Pure Audio" blu-ray cases?
1677864547508.png

I received my copy from Barnes & Noble today. The case is the same size as the Be Bop Deluxe reissues. I will check it out tonight. I'm pleasantly surprised by B&N. I thought I would get it next week. They do a nice job with their tracking. The price was high but I had a gift certificate that made it affordable for me and it came with free shipping.

Got my copy today. I had seen it mentioned about the box being smaller than the previous boxes, but had forgotten about it... until I opened it.

For space considerations, I like smaller boxes like this (and even smaller like the Zappa Waka/Wazoo set) but I have to admit... the difference in size from the pervious APP boxes messes with my sense of order and structure on my shelves.

Back