ALL ABOUT MUSIC #2 - Non Surround, Not Covered In Other Threads

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1660309325904.png

From my CD rip. This is 1989, and the DR values are still old school (meaning good)

This is screaming for a surround mix, some cool music, lots of layers that sort of get buried in this 2 channel CD.

1661697058589.png

Saw Night Ranger 2 Saturday’s ago in my little town of 3400 people!! They were outstanding!! It was paid for by our local hospital and so free!! I was right at the stage. Brad Gillis here.

View attachment 82940
Is Jeff Watson still playing with those guys? I seem to remember he was out a long while ago, but wondering if he'd returned.

Is Jeff Watson still playing with those guys? I seem to remember he was out a long while ago, but wondering if he'd returned.
No he's not. But, from original members there are (or at least nearly original, and certainly during their popular years)

Jack Blades
Brad Gillis
Kelly Keagy

Let me tell you they sounded spectacular. Blades vocals are spot on, and likely sound better than the 80's. What was so cool, they played several Damn Yankees tunes, which was a real treat.

Of course there's plenty of Alice Coltrane's music in quad, too. All combinations of channels represented in this survey, "5 Minutes That Will Make You Love Alice Coltrane":
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/09/07/arts/music/alice-coltrane-jazz-music.html
(And if the paywall keeps you out, here's my "gift" to you.)

Back