ALL ABOUT MUSIC #2 - Non Surround, Not Covered In Other Threads

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another clip for Mother's Day: When my Daughter was born, I took six months off. So many tines, we listened to Laura Nyro's Mother's Spiritual album. It begins with To a Child, presented below in this version. She later did another studio version on Walk the Dog and Light the Light, as well as many live versions. The video is a montage of pictures and album covers. BTW: my Daughter's name is Emily, as much for Nyro's song Emmie, as for Simon & Garfunkel's For Emily, Wherever I May Find Her.

[video=youtube;6jHcfW_ADvY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jHcfW_ADvY[/video]

Although she only played a handful of times in Chicago, I got to see and hear her twice. Absolutely wonderful!

Nyro wrote Eli's Comin', And When I Die, Wedding Bell Blues, Stoney End, Stoned Soul Picnic and so many hits for others. What, you say you don't own any Laura Nyro? Whatever are you waiting for?

A little more animated version than the previous TV performance of Eric and crew..some great songs...and this is one of them

[video=youtube;3i0DMbCKnAg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3i0DMbCKnAg[/video]

I just watched an interesting 30 minute show on the Palladia Channel...it's a series called Rock Icons...this one featured Ann Wilson of Heart...excellent piece...it's on again this Friday at 10pm...if you get a chance watch it...

It's also been running on and off for several weeks on VH1C in standard definition.

I just watched an interesting 30 minute show on the Palladia Channel...it's a series called Rock Icons...this one featured Ann Wilson of Heart...excellent piece...it's on again this Friday at 10pm...if you get a chance watch it...

[video=youtube;81YMi_gO6oY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81YMi_gO6oY[/video]I want to wish James Purify a HAPPY BIRTHDAY today....he is 71...he was half of the R&B band James and Bobby Purify and they had a hit song... I'm your puppet in 1966...this isn't the usual duo...you see Bobby Purify was actually Robert Lee Dickey..the cousin of James Purify...but he morphed into Bobby Purify for a stage name...in 1971 Dickey retired from the music business for health reasons...so James Purify went the solo route for a few years until he partnered up with Ben Moore who assumed the name of Bobby Purify(II)..and if that wasn't enough they re-recorded I'm your puppet again in 1976 and it climbed to #12 in the UK...Moore(Bobby PurifyII)was quite the vocalist in his own right..he was nominated for a Grammy in 1983 for his gospel singing...in 1998 he went blind from a severe case of glaucoma and left the music business...BUT someone intervened on his behalf and talked him into rejoining the music industry...this time with a group he would fit right in with.. the gospel band Blind Boys of Alabama...the man that brought him back in the fold...none other than Ray Charles..and as the late Paul Harvey would say...that is the rest of the story!

does anyone know if the Commodores debut album was released in quad? If so....that one would be killer in Quad 4.0 SACD.... I think it was called Machine Gun.

Happy Birthday David Byrne who is 63 today...formerly of the Talking Heads....he was born in Scotland...his family moved around when he was young...living in Canada and the US...before he entered high school he could play the guitar...accordion and violin...but all that talent wouldn't be enough to join his middle school choir as he was deemed to be too "off key and withdrawn"..by the age of 5 he had learned how to play the harmonica...David is left handed...but plays the guitar right handed...he doesn't own a car and is a big cycling fan and has contributed to articles in the New York Times on cycling...he has worked in theatre...film...and even opera....a multi talented performer...

Never appreciated him "back in the day", but have grown fond of his quirky music. Great talent.

Happy Birthday David Byrne who is 63 today...formerly of the Talking Heads....he was born in Scotland...his family moved around when he was young...living in Canada and the US...before he entered high school he could play the guitar...accordion and violin...but all that talent wouldn't be enough to join his middle school choir as he was deemed to be too "off key and withdrawn"..by the age of 5 he had learned how to play the harmonica...David is left handed...but plays the guitar right handed...he doesn't own a car and is a big cycling fan and has contributed to articles in the New York Times on cycling...he has worked in theatre...film...and even opera....a multi talented performer...

Just a reminder about some cool programs on the Palladia channel(ch 572 on Directv)...the series is called Rock Icons....tonight at 10pm EASTERN STANDARD TIME Ann Wilson from Heart...an excellent 30 minute segment..on sunday night at 6pm and 6:30pm EASTERN STANDARD TIME 2 shows...the first is Ted Nugent and the second is Geddy Lee from Rush...if you have this channel please check these shows out...

I just finished watching the Ted Nugent Rock Icon segment on the Palladia channel that I had recorded earlier...it shows the evolution of Ted's guitar skills and also his personal side...one of my favorite classic rock songs features a young Ted Nugent with the Amboy Dukes in the 1968 release of this song..

[video=youtube;bABY9ji9iL4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bABY9ji9iL4[/video]

Just a reminder about some cool programs on the Palladia channel(ch 572 on Directv)...the series is called Rock Icons....tonight at 10pm EASTERN STANDARD TIME Ann Wilson from Heart...an excellent 30 minute segment..on sunday night at 6pm and 6:30pm EASTERN STANDARD TIME 2 shows...the first is Ted Nugent and the second is Geddy Lee from Rush...if you have this channel please check these shows out...

Dang dude.....I'm checking Palladia on my Dish for tonight...there is no such schedule about Rock Icons. At PM Central, is Jools Holland, then at 10 Central is MTV World STage...then Live from Daryl's House.

Dang dude.....I'm checking Palladia on my Dish for tonight...there is no such schedule about Rock Icons. At PM Central, is Jools Holland, then at 10 Central is MTV World STage...then Live from Daryl's House.

OK, just did a search....Ann Wilson is on Friday at 9 Central....Nugent is Sunday...as well as Geddy Lee. Again, this is Dish Network...

Back