ALL ABOUT MUSIC #2 - Non Surround, Not Covered In Other Threads

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bass legend Leland Sklar shows off his beard, his axe, his chops, his cough and talks of glory days. In this video, we finally learn who let the dogs out...

It's a bitch girl!

R-6298695-1470162982-3738.jpeg.jpg

July 3rd is almost upon us...the day in 1971 when Jim Morrison was found dead in Paris...at the age of 27 he was gone...just like Jimi Hendrix...Janis Joplin...and Kurt Cobain...the L.A. Woman album was his last performance with the Doors...this song was called "cocktail music" by Paul Rothchild

For the past few weeks after taking full advantage of HDTT [High Definition Tape Transfers] recent 25% off sale, I have been positively thrilled with the latest batch 99% of which out of 23 titles are DSD Mastered in DVD~A 192/24 on DVD~Rs from 15 ips Open Reel Tapes [probably DJ copies from 2nd or 3rd generation MASTER TAPES].

All were under $7 as I opted to go NO Frills meaning no CD cases or Liner Notes .......

Since I'm a jazz buff, among the titles are: Ella [Fitzgerald] Sings Broadway, Ella Swings Brightly with Nelson Riddle, Ella Fitzgerald with [pianist] Ellis Larkin: Songs In A Mellow Mood, Sarah Vaughan: After Hours, Billy Eckstine & Quincy Jones at Basin Street [LIVE], Nancy Wilson [Jazz Singer] with the Cannonball Adderly Quintet, Andrew Hill: COMPULSION, BONGOS: Los Admiradores [Command Label: originally recorded on 35mm film], Cannonball Adderly with Bill Evans: Know What I Mean, Billy Holiday: Velvet Mood, Johnny Hartman/John Coltrane [IMO, sounds better than UMG's Stereo SACD], Bud Shank/Clare Fischer/Joe Pass: Brasamba, Gary Burton: Something's Coming, Chet Atkins in Hollywood, Dizzy Gillespie: Perceptions, Eric Dolphy: Last Date, Bill Evans: Interplay, [Guitarist] Joe Pass: Catch Me, Wes Montgomery: So Much Guitar and the Great McCoy Tyner Plays Ellington. All are STEREO save the Billy Holiday: Velvet Mood DVD~A [Mono].

Media Shipping for the entire batch was under $5 and IMO, probably sound better than a lot of those $18 downloads from HD Tracks.

See the source image

Last edited:
For the past few weeks after taking full advantage of HDTT [High Definition Tape Transfers] recent 25% off sale, I have been positively thrilled at the latest batch 99% of which out of 23 titles are DSD Mastered in DVD~A 192/24 on DVD~Rs from 15 ips Open Reel Tapes [probably DJ copies from 2nd or 3rd generation MASTER TAPES].

All were under $7 as I opted to go NO Frills meaning no CD cases or Liner Notes .......

Since I'm a jazz buff, among the titles are: Ella [Fitzgerald] Sings Broadway, Ella Swings Brightly with Nelson Riddle, Ella Fitzgerald with [pianist] Ellis Larkin: Songs In A Mellow Mood, Sarah Vaughan: After Hours, Billy Eckstine & Quincy Jones at Basin Street [LIVE], Nancy Wilson [Jazz Singer] with the Cannonball Adderly Quintet, Andrew Hill: COMPULSION, BONGOS: Los Admiradores [Command Label: originally recorded on 35mm film], Cannonball Adderly with Bill Evans: Know What I Mean, Billy Holiday: Velvet Mood, Johnny Hartman/John Coltrane [IMO, sounds better than UMG's Stereo SACD], Bud Shank/Clare Fischer/Joe Pass: Brasamba,Gary Burton: Something's Coming, Chet Atkins in Hollywood,Dizzy Gillespie: Perceptions, Eric Dolphy: Last Date, Bill Evans: Interplay, Guitarist Joe Pass: Catch Me,Wes Montgomery: So Much Guitar and the Great cCoy Tyner Plays Ellington. All are STEREO save the Billy Holiday: Velvet Mood DVD~A.

Media Shipping for the entire batch was under $5 and IMO, probably sound better than a lot of those $18 downloads from HD Tracks.

See the source image

Wait a minute Ralphie....when we were kids...we were told that "cootie" was a bad thing :unsure:

Back