ALL ABOUT MUSIC #2 - Non Surround, Not Covered In Other Threads

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
today's amazon music elliptical accompaniment was another soon-to-be reissued BJR classic
1595866509279.png

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08BWCD2PR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'll be damned. Never heard of them whatsoever, yet they have a pretty lengthy write-up on Wiki.

Yeah. Strange situation with them. They're an American band but are relatively unknown in their home country. In the UK though they're much better known. The song in that clip was a #2 hit there and they had several other hits in the UK as well as a few albums that made the top ten, including their most recent one. I only first heard of them because a friend of my brother's had spent a year abroad in the late 70's. He came home with some cool records from the UK.

Reactions: GOS
Lou Reed's classic album New York is getting the deluxe box treatment in September. Sadly, no surround content.

I was actually thinking about this one recently. On the original album, most songs have two guitar parts, played by Reed & Mike Rathke. In the stereo mix the two guitar parts are panned to opposite sides. I thought it could be a good 5.1 mix if they just brought the two guitar parts to the rear speakers, again on either side. Alas, it isn't happening.

Anyway, the box includes a disc of outtakes, demos, b-sides, etc... Another CD with live versions of every track on the album, plus a DVD with a complete live performance of the album that had previously been available on VHS.

Ironically, on the back of the original VHS, Lou wrote "by the way, a part two to this exists in the vaults. Write the record company. Why wait for me to die to hear it. After all, it might be a while." Sadly, Lou is no longer with us, and we still don't get to see the second half of the concert.

Last edited:
I'll be damned. Never heard of them whatsoever, yet they have a pretty lengthy write-up on Wiki.

Hmmmm, they are great, BTW you shoud dig up the Quad of the album, " Introducing Sparks" it's very well done, 1977 Quad

OK. I didn't know Bill Withers was singing lead on Grover Washington Jr's song, Just The Two Of Us. I know, I know. Whatever. Just shows how much I "haven't" listened to Winelight. It just didn't hit my radar...as in 1980, well, you know. I was a rocker, with nothing else in my arsenal. haha

Back