ALL ABOUT MUSIC #2 - Non Surround, Not Covered In Other Threads

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today, amazon muse-sick had me "Runnin'" with The Pharcyde
1602862579916.png
Sold My Soul: The Remix and Rarity Collection
https://www.allmusic.com/artist/the-pharcyde-mn0000483070/biography

And did that album include a full 30 minute track entitled TOE JAM?
a la Genesis' Harold The Barrel?
[News:]
A well-known Bognor restaurant-owner disappeared
early this morning.
Last seen in a mouse-brown overcoat,
suitably camouflaged,
they saw him catch a train.

[Man-in-the-street:]
"Father of three its disgusting"
"Such a horrible thing to do"
Harold the Barrel cut off his toes and he served them all for tea
"Can't go far", "He can't go far".
"Hasn't got a leg to stand on"
"He can't go far".

This John Prine box set (CD set with 2020 remaster) is a good price at importCD's. John Prine Crooked Piece Of Time: The Atlantic & Asylum Albums (1971-1980) Boxed Set on ImportCDs

MY fear is, since it's been remastered, they will ruin the sound and the DR's will be 5-7. Anyone have thoughts? I'd love to get it, but it seems anything released like this gets totally ruined.

I would wait...your fears are realistic...John's music shows a familiar trend...the more recent releases aren't as good as the older titles

This John Prine box set (CD set with 2020 remaster) is a good price at importCD's. John Prine Crooked Piece Of Time: The Atlantic & Asylum Albums (1971-1980) Boxed Set on ImportCDs

MY fear is, since it's been remastered, they will ruin the sound and the DR's will be 5-7. Anyone have thoughts? I'd love to get it, but it seems anything released like this gets totally ruined.

Ok...here is what I found out...the engineers on this are Bill Inglot and Dan Hersch....here is an interesting observation about Bill from Steve Hoffman in 2003...scroll down to post 14

A listing for McCartney III went live on Bull Moose. The item description has this to say:

50 years following the release of his self-titled first solo album McCartney, featuring Paul playing every instrument and writing and recording every song, Paul McCartney will release McCartney III on December 11th. Paul hadn’t planned to release an album in 2020, but in the isolation of “Rockdown,” he soon found himself fleshing out some existing musical sketches and creating even more new ones. Before long an eclectic collection of spontaneous songs would become McCartney III: a stripped back, self-produced and, quite literally, solo work marking the opening of a new decade, in the tradition of 1970’s McCartney and 1980’s McCartney II. Recorded earlier this year in Sussex, McCartney III is mostly built from live takes of Paul on vocals and guitar or piano, overdubbing his bass playing, drumming, etc. atop that foundation. McCartney III spans a vast and intimate range of modes and moods, from soul searching to wistful, from playful to raucous and all points between — captured with some of the same gear from Paul’s Rude Studio used as far back as 1971 Wings sessions. And Paul's array of vintage instruments he played on the new album have an even more storied history, including Bill Black of Elvis Presley's original trio's double bass alongside Paul's own iconic Hofner violin bass, and a mellotron from Abbey Road Studios used on Beatles recordings, to name but a few. Just as McCartney’s 1970 release marked Paul’s return to basics in the wake of the biggest band break-up in musical history, and the 1980 avant-garde masterpiece McCartney II rose from the ashes of Wings, McCartney III finds Paul back on his own, turning unexpected circumstances into a personal snapshot of a timeless artist at a unique point in history.

EDIT: Oh yeah....release date is December 11th.

Back