ALL ABOUT MUSIC #2 - Non Surround, Not Covered In Other Threads

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, now the John Prine albums are on download sites. HDTracks & Acoustic Sounds both have 96/24 & 192/24 versions. No, not cheap.
I truly wish these download sites would include dynamic range values for these things. I mean, most who are downloading wouldn't even know what the numbers mean...or care. But, we do! :(

So, now the John Prine albums are on download sites. HDTracks & Acoustic Sounds both have 96/24 & 192/24 versions. No, not cheap.
I truly wish these download sites would include dynamic range values for these things. I mean, most who are downloading wouldn't even know what the numbers mean...or care. But, we do! :(

Umm...so when the DR is in single digits...do you think people are going to be excited about buying them...the people that would be interested in the "metrics" you mentioned are also aware of what the DR is...just saying

If you wait...somebody will post the DR on the database site for some of those Prine recordings

So, I Just sold something on ebay, and as far as I know, I've never received "tax" as part of the final sale. I mean, what the heck is that all about?

gonna be a great Halloween Eve live vinyl stream/scream!
IMG_0049.JPG

Anyone download stuff from Bandcamp lately? It's been quite a while....anyway. I purchased a multi-channel flac download and instantly got an email from Bandcamp, with a link. I chose FLAC and off I went. But, the flacs are stereo only.

Is there some trick to getting the 5.1?

Anyone download stuff from Bandcamp lately? It's been quite a while....anyway. I purchased a multi-channel flac download and instantly got an email from Bandcamp, with a link. I chose FLAC and off I went. But, the flacs are stereo only.

Is there some trick to getting the 5.1?
Bandcamp don't host 5.1 FLACs (or didn't) when I have bought one its been the artist who sends an email link to the 5.1

Just finished watching this week's 'Saturday Night Live' with musical guest "The Strokes"

-Can Someone please explain to me why the sound for the musical guests on this show is always so Fuckin' Bad!!!

It has no presence and the vocals come and go severely, but mostly non-existent. Then the rest of the show, like the house band sounds fine.

What the hell is going on? 🤬

Ah, a bit chilly this morning for a run!
You got that right, my brother! My smart phone app has me running for 60 minutes on Mondays, and i ran farther than i ever had . . . in order to stay warm! That wind chill took it down to 20 this morning! I'm not sure what is going to happen once those Chicago winters show up!

Back