ALL ABOUT MUSIC #2 - Non Surround, Not Covered In Other Threads

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Of course, that is Tony Iommi....during his "short time" with Tull back in the late 60's.
I thought that was Tony when I saw the picture but got confused when I saw Jethro Tull on the bass drum. I never knew he spent time with Tull.
Is he on any of there albums?

Reactions: GOS
I thought that was Tony when I saw the picture but got confused when I saw Jethro Tull on the bass drum. I never knew he spent time with Tull.
Is he on any of there albums?
Tony was only briefly in Tull. Shortly after agreeing to Ian’s invitation, Tony felt he’d wronged Earth, the band that he returned to and that became Sabbath.

Steve Perry....an amazing voice...it's too bad he left music when he was in his prime...I remember seeing Journey in the 80's in Philly in an outside venue...he blew the Stones and George Thorogood away with his vocals...he was one of those guys that sounded just exactly like he does live as he does in the studio...

• Love
Reactions: GOS
Steve Perry....an amazing voice...it's too bad he left music when he was in his prime...I remember seeing Journey in the 80's in Philly in an outside venue...he blew the Stones and George Thorogood away with his vocals...he was one of those guys that sounded just exactly like he does live as he does in the studio...

I'm sad to say, I never say Journey. :(

So, I have a little story about music bringing us all together. My very first trip out of the US, was to Costa Rica. 1989. Grew up on a small grain farm......I was NOT cultured. No clue.

In my job at the time, I go to Costa Rica. A little rural agriculture town called Upala. North Central. I mean, dirt roads, total third world......etc. I was blown away. Never in my life had I experienced such a mind blowing visual as this.

Fast forward. It's a Sunday. I go via my little rental car to a town called San Antonio. It's literally on the border of northern Costa Rica, and southern Nicaragua. A little river seperates the 2. Mostly, it feels like a jungle to me. Monkeys chattering, large lizards slinking through the dead palm leaves on the ground. Hotter than hell.

So, I speak NO spanish. I mean, I'm green as they get. So, I'm just trying to understand the culture.....constantly blown away by what I see every day. I started to become a recluse in my "hotel" because I was so intimidated by the language barrier...and the shock of third world living conditions.

Now, I'm on a black sand beach on the Pacific side. Palm trees........wild cows and wild horses are walking around. There is a little bar. Obviously, it's outside. Palm tree stump as are the seats.....

I start drinking. Still, way intimidated by my lack of communication skills with the bartenders, and locals. Then, sometime after doing multiple shots of tequila......the bartender puts on Journey's greatest hits. I mean. It hit us all like a hammer in the forehead. We all started singing (shouting really) the lyrics in English! It was the single most amazing feeling I've had in my life. Never have I done a drug, that compared to that emotional feeling of connection. We sang, hugged and danced near the ocean until sunset.

What a killer album! And, now listening upmixed via Auro 3D!

1606419970897.png

Been a while since I shopped on Discogs for used vinyl. Just scored a nice copy of Alice Cooper's From The Inside 1978 title. Can't wait!!!

Although that album never gained much traction...it had some real "stars" involved with the project...Bernie Taupin....from Elton John fame...David Foster...a mega talented producer with 16 Grammy wins...and guitar ace from Toto Steve Lukather

Back