ALL ABOUT MUSIC #2 - Non Surround, Not Covered In Other Threads

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just pre-ordered this gem from Friday Music.

1624625665213.png

1624625726681.png

So, I gave HDTracks one more chance....I bought an old Dionne Warwick, and I hoped they didn't butcher it...but alas, they did. DR's were dreadful. I have given my last money to those assholes. Back to locating old vinyl of these older titles that I really want...and want a nice dynamic copy.

So, I gave HDTracks one more chance....I bought an old Dionne Warwick, and I hoped they didn't butcher it...but alas, they did. DR's were dreadful. I have given my last money to those assholes. Back to locating old vinyl of these older titles that I really want...and want a nice dynamic copy.
Already found a VG++ copy on ebay for $21, I offered $12 and they bit. So, hopefully I can rip this and have a superior copy. :)

I assume there are a handful of metal heads who adored the late 70's - mid 80's metal onslaught. Riot, was a band that caught my eye back then and I loved them. Their lead singer - Rhett Forrester had a solo release. He died at age of 37, not from drugs, but from an unfortunate car jacking incident...I think. He had a very unique voice, I really liked him. :(

1625701110123.png

And, if you are inclined to hear a rip I own of this CD, give me a shout......I'll set you up with a "sammple"

Here are the DR logs, from my rip. Good stuff...before they totally dropped the bottom out of quality recordings.

foobar2000 1.6.2 / Dynamic Range Meter 1.1.1
log date: 2021-07-07 18:41:28

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Analyzed: Rhett Forrester / Even The Score
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DR Peak RMS Duration Track
DR13 -0.43 dB -15.93 dB 4:26 1/10-You Will Be Mine
DR14 0.00 dB -16.17 dB 5:05 2/10-Even The Score
DR13 -0.10 dB -16.29 dB 5:00 3/10-Ready For Love
DR13 0.00 dB -16.72 dB 4:45 4/10-Assume The Position
DR13 0.00 dB -14.69 dB 4:14 5/10-I Must Be Crazy
DR11 -0.95 dB -14.54 dB 4:23 6/10-Burning Heart
DR12 -0.13 dB -16.37 dB 4:16 7/10-Payin' The Price
DR13 -0.64 dB -16.54 dB 5:34 8/10-See You In My Dreams
DR12 -0.01 dB -14.64 dB 4:50 9/10-Leading Me On
DR12 -1.78 dB -16.04 dB 4:37 10/10-Last Fair Deal Gone Down

Number of tracks: 10
Official DR value: DR13

Samplerate: 44100 Hz
Channels: 2
Bits per sample: 16
Bitrate: 880 kbps
Codec: FLAC
================================================================================

Great article, Puppo!

There is a 3-foot Nipper as you enter Rolling Stones Music. It's one of the Chicago area's few remaining record stores. It is in Norridge, IL, on Chicago's NW side. Chicago proper is across the street.

I remember RCA dealers being given these when I was a "little Nipper." It was long before Thomson France bought the RCA TV brand, or BMG bought the record label. Likely they got it because they were direct with RCA Records.

The appears to be a partial pic of Nipper in the rolling montage (no pun intended) on the "our story" page:

https://www.rollingstonesmusic.com/about-us.html
For some reason been thinking about this little guy lately, remembering one of my old beloved dogs.

Here’s to Nipper!

https://www.victorrecords.com/thegreateststoryeversold

I assume there are a handful of metal heads who adored the late 70's - mid 80's metal onslaught. Riot, was a band that caught my eye back then and I loved them. Their lead singer - Rhett Forrester had a solo release. He died at age of 37, not from drugs, but from an unfortunate car jacking incident...I think. He had a very unique voice, I really liked him. :(

View attachment 68786
Apparently he was quite the party animal. 🥳🍻💥

https://www.loudersound.com/features/flash-metal-suicide-rhett-forrester

Deluxe edition includes a blu ray....can we expect?
This is all I've seen so far, sorry mate.

Like The Book of Souls, Senjutsu, which loosely translates to "tactics and strategy," features nearly an hour and a half of music, and will arrive as a double CD or a triple vinyl set. The album's artwork was designed by Mark Wilkinson, based on an idea of Harris'.

ad the vid.

Back