ALL ABOUT MUSIC #2 - Non Surround, Not Covered In Other Threads

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought this flac download some time ago. It sounds simply excellent! This is a very underrated song, written by Ace, with Ace on lead vocal. Excellent, rock song.

1633204075454.png

Listening to this SACD, in anticipation of a new Steven Wilson Atmos mix. I fully expect him to bring more punch, more clarity...to Gene's bass riffs, and hopefully to Peter Criss drumming.

Also, there are sound effects on this album that beg to go from left to right..either fronts, or rears.
What will he do with the child's screaming in God Of Thunder?
I fully expect Shout It Out Loud to be majorly epic. Big and loud... will the hand claps be in the heights? Hope so....
I'm expecting Beth to be a fully immersive tour de force.

1633204415779.png

Just an amazing album, it sounds just amazing in stereo. I can only imagine...IF this had been released in Quad, it would be spectacular. How I wish....

View attachment 72150
IIRC this was the first group to appear on a new comedy show called Laugh-In in 1969 and it was a "video" (a film) which was very cutting edge. It was one of very few that appeared on the program before they stopped having musical guests.

OK my Saturday Night Live audio rant continues:

Watching a recording from the latest show with musical quest Brandi Carlile - the audio is soooo weird I'm playing it from my AT&T U-verse toslink out to my Marantz AVR on Auto audio (typical) It's almost like it's mixed wrong, strong bass in the center, very light vocals, light guitar on the right side, very little drums or keyboards at all; anyone else notice these kind of issues? And when the announcer comes back in after the song's over, he's very clear and strong in the center- WTF?

Yeah, the Pink Floyd catalog has hit the HD download and streaming sites, all in 24/96kHz and 24/192kHz I gather.

I am sensing that we are on the verge of a breakthrough with discreet surround on streaming sites. And the PF 4.0 and 5.1 (not including Animals) might be some of the next ones we see. They milked the hell out of physical media, and now it's the big online rollout of digital. Stereo and then surround. But Animals 5.1 needs it's physical disc first before streaming online. I'm sure that one will be the last to appear.

Back