ALL ABOUT MUSIC #2 - Non Surround, Not Covered In Other Threads

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1637831216423.png

Hmmm - not really about music...but well. Maybe...long shot.

So, I purchased some smart wifi plug-ins, and smart bulbs. I have one of the bulbs in my stereo room as it can be changed to nearly 3000 shades of color. Also, brightness levels, etc. I have outdoor patio lights strung across....a night light bulb for the cats litter box area (lmao) and indoor xmas tree lights....bedroom fan, etc. All connected with the smart plugs. Today, I linked all these "actions" to my Alexa and now I can just tell Alexa to turn on my damn christmas tree lights. Wham! I love this shit......

CDs are not dying at my house, I buy as many CDs as I ever did, and some are not so cheap either- I do like his Neville Brothers example

https://www.wired.com/story/you-should-listen-to-cds/

The CD is alive and well at my house also. I buy a lot of them --and I have a lot of them. I enjoy - but my wallet does not - upgrading favorite albums to the best possible mastering/ production technique of said albums. Its typically a Japanese release.....a SHM, or a UHQCD or series re-issue. Also, Rhino does a great job on their reissues

The last CD I bought was Van Halen, can't even remember the name. The so called comeback album with Roth. It sounded absolutely horrific and I haven't bought any CD since. Though, I fully understand there are literally thousands that do sound good.

Finally got around to ripping this vinyl. Turned out nearly perfect. :)

1640973404450.png

foobar2000 1.6.9 beta 1 / Dynamic Range Meter 1.1.1
log date: 2021-12-31 11:54:20

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Analyzed: Bob Frank / Bob Frank
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DR Peak RMS Duration Track
DR16 -2.13 dB -20.57 dB 2:25 01-Wino
DR10 -2.95 dB -15.08 dB 2:43 02-She Pawned Her Diamond For Some Gold
DR10 -3.16 dB -15.51 dB 2:04 03-Waitsburg
DR11 -3.51 dB -17.42 dB 3:32 04-Cold Canadian Pines
DR12 -3.39 dB -17.23 dB 3:18 05-Judas Iscariot
DR11 -2.15 dB -15.36 dB 1:18 06-Before The Trash Truck Comes
DR10 -0.85 dB -15.79 dB 2:21 07-Way Down In Mississippi
DR10 -2.16 dB -15.37 dB 1:55 08-Jones And Me
DR14 -3.54 dB -19.43 dB 2:11 09-Layin' Around
DR13 -3.52 dB -17.60 dB 3:02 10-Return To Skid Row Joe
DR11 -3.53 dB -16.71 dB 1:19 11-The Deer Hunter
DR11 -2.34 dB -15.79 dB 2:06 12-Memphis Jail

Number of tracks: 12
Official DR value: DR12

So, here's a little trick the online vendors play now. I say they are playing, because they know full well what the reality is. You get an email from them that "YOUR ORDER HAS SHIPPED!!!"

Well, that's all nice...but these days...what it really means (a lot of the time) is they printed a shipping label internally and the box is sitting on their property. It hasn't gone anywhere. And, in many cases, won't for several days it seems. I'm talking about USPS type shipping. If they wanted to really be transparent (which they don't), you should receive an email that says your shipping label has been created, but the box hasn't left our facility yet.

There is my new year rant, in a nutshell. lol

So, here's a little trick the online vendors play now. I say they are playing, because they know full well what the reality is. You get an email from them that "YOUR ORDER HAS SHIPPED!!!"

Well, that's all nice...but these days...what it really means (a lot of the time) is they printed a shipping label internally and the box is sitting on their property. It hasn't gone anywhere. And, in many cases, won't for several days it seems. I'm talking about USPS type shipping. If they wanted to really be transparent (which they don't), you should receive an email that says your shipping label has been created, but the box hasn't left our facility yet.

There is my new year rant, in a nutshell. lol
I see this too but, for me, it doesn’t matter what shipping service a particular vendor uses.

Back