ALL ABOUT MUSIC #2 - Non Surround, Not Covered In Other Threads

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finished ripping this vinyl. While, visually, it looked in great shape.....it was pretty crackly between songs. So, carefully de-clicked it, and the usual fade outs between tracks did the trick. Sounds great!

Even GOS goes "soft" sometimes. lmao ahem...not often.

1641142849601.png

What's that you say? Where am I? Well, thanks for asking. Just arrived to Port Clinton in northern Ohio for business. What? No, I can't see the damn water...it's dark out. Morning you say? Nah, I'll be leaving way before the sun comes up, heading southeast a bit to visit a client. Then down further to central OHio for another client visit. Then, back to northern Indiana for another client visit,......then back home.

Thanks for asking. lmmao

What's that you say? Where am I? Well, thanks for asking. Just arrived to Port Clinton in northern Ohio for business. What? No, I can't see the damn water...it's dark out. Morning you say? Nah, I'll be leaving way before the sun comes up, heading southeast a bit to visit a client. Then down further to central OHio for another client visit. Then, back to northern Indiana for another client visit,......then back home.

Thanks for asking. lmmao
Good lord, that’s one hell of a travel itinerary! Stay safe, Gene!

CDs are not dying at my house, I buy as many CDs as I ever did, and some are not so cheap either- I do like his Neville Brothers example

https://www.wired.com/story/you-should-listen-to-cds/
I subscribe to a streaming service to determine if an album is CD purchase worthy. I’m still buying CDs but I enjoy no longer having to experience a bummer unheard purchase. Just ordered 3 CDs last night!

So, we have been chatting it up a bit on the MOFI SACD releasesof the 1st 6 Van Halen titles on another thread here. Also, mentioning that (at least I) should they be ordered now in the pre-release stage as they say TBA on the actual date. Why? How do we know how many they are pressing, how do we know how many will order their copies now? What if they sell out before the actual TBA date is released??

How many are they pressing? Made me go to my 50th anniversary copy of The Doors LA Woman (the one with vinyl and 2-3CD's of additional music) I have copy 23,467! Wow, amazing to me that that series would press that many...but I guess Doors are still a money making machine.

Not sure about the SACD for VH though....

I subscribe to a streaming service to determine if an album is CD purchase worthy. I’m still buying CDs but I enjoy no longer having to experience a bummer unheard purchase. Just ordered 3 CDs last night!
Same for me. But I must say my CD buying is starting to taper. I just bought three Dave Mason CD's that where 1990 pressings, got them for cheap. Those 1990 pressings are the best and most of time the cheapest.

Gilligan's Island trivia

John Williams wrote the original Pilot show theme song.
The Ballad of Gilligan's Island was written by Sherwood Schwartz and the first season version was recorded by The Wellingtons.

Gilligan - Jerry Van Dyke was offered the role, but it went to Bob Denver after Van Dyke turned it down!
Professor - Soap Opera star, John Gabriel had the original roll, but he didn't score well with audience. Dabney Coleman & Russel Johnson were in the running, and Johnson scored the role.
Mary Ann - Dawn Wells, Rachael Welch and Pat Priest (Munsters) were all up for the role. Dawn got the job.
Skipper - Played by Alan Hale Jr. His mother was a silent film star, Gretchen Hartman. Hartman is credited with 67 movies...
Thurston Howell III - Played by Jim Backus, who also did the voice of Mr Magoo.

Gilligan's Island trivia

The Ballad of Gilligan's Island was written by Sherwood Schwartz and the first season version was recorded by The Wellingtons.

Gilligan - Jerry Van Dyke was offered the role, but it went to Bob Denver after Van Dyke turned it down!
Professor - Soap Opera star, John Gabriel had the original roll, but he didn't score well with audience. Dabney Coleman & Russel Johnson were in the running, and Johnson scored the role.
Mary Ann - Dawn Wells, Rachael Welch and Pat Priest (Munsters) were all up for the role. Dawn got the job.
Skipper - Played by Alan Hale Jr. His mother was a silent film star, Gretchen Hartman. Hartman is credited with 67 movies...
I thought the casting was perfect in the end.

Gilligan's Island trivia

Some newly surfaced footage of The Who in 1970.

It's very short but it is amazingly clear for something shot by someone in the audience with a super 8 camera.

I love how Pete and Keith keep pointing to John when he takes his solos.

That is too cool. Love it.....man, they could rock. Moon was a monster.

Back