ALL ABOUT MUSIC #2 - Non Surround, Not Covered In Other Threads

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1654383258701.png

Way past due for a surround version of this one; even if it is "Live"
- one of my top 10 'Live" albums!

View attachment 80016
Not holding my breath for a surround version, especially since a new multi-disc deluxe edition has been announced for release in late July, with no indication of surround content included (apologies if that's already been mentioned). What a missed opportunity, although maybe there are issues with the multitracks, including all the overdubs?

Not sure if I'll buy this new release, since it's pricey and I've pledged to stop buying discs and increase listening to all the goodies I already own, and I have the 2002 expanded double CD reissue which is excellent (not to mention the original double vinyl I bought in the 70s, not that I drag that out very often). I may have to relent on this new boxset though, if the price goes low enough (lower than the current $72.14 preorder price at importCDs), because this is not only in my top 10 live albums, it's in my top 10 of anything, period. Yes, the prominent overdubbing means it's not purely a live album, but I don't care... every song on it surpasses its studio version, usually by a long shot. Just a great listening experience.

I remember being at a high school party and hearing both this album and A Trick Of The Tail by Genesis, first time for both, and being equally blown away by both, as different as they are. Those were the days!

Not holding my breath for a surround version, especially since a new multi-disc deluxe edition has been announced for release in late July, with no indication of surround content included (apologies if that's already been mentioned). What a missed opportunity, although maybe there are issues with the multitracks, including all the overdubs?

Not sure if I'll buy this new release, since it's pricey and I've pledged to stop buying discs and increase listening to all the goodies I already own, and I have the 2002 expanded double CD reissue which is excellent (not to mention the original double vinyl I bought in the 70s, not that I drag that out very often). I may have to relent on this new boxset though, if the price goes low enough (lower than the current $72.14 preorder price at importCDs), because this is not only in my top 10 live albums, it's in my top 10 of anything, period. Yes, the prominent overdubbing means it's not purely a live album, but I don't care... every song on it surpasses its studio version, usually by a long shot. Just a great listening experience.

I remember being at a high school party and hearing both this album and A Trick Of The Tail by Genesis, first time for both, and being equally blown away by both, as different as they are. Those were the days!
One track of the forthcoming "Super Deluxe Edition" is on Apple Music, in Hi-Res Lossless, no Atmos:
https://music.apple.com/us/album/fa...at-the-rainbow-london/1626520914?i=1626521653

Last edited:
Back