ALL ABOUT MUSIC

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok folks..I have a problem...I want to buy the Stones Exile On Main Street blu ray audio disc...BUT...It appears that this is a region 2 blu ray..it is a blu ray audio so I just assumed it would be region free but this seems to be in doubt...and in classic amazon style I'm getting conflicting information...here is where it gets odd...on the amazon UK SITE it mentions that it's region one in the upper description(now remember this is in the UK)and says Region 2 below HERE...now on amazon US where you would expect Region 1 you get the warning about it being region 2 HERE

So if any US posters have this disc please let me know if it's region 1 compatible and where you ordered it from....

Ok folks..I have a problem...I want to buy the Stones Exile On Main Street blu ray audio disc...BUT...It appears that this is a region 2 blu ray..it is a blu ray audio so I just assumed it would be region free but this seems to be in doubt...and in classic amazon style I'm getting conflicting information...here is where it gets odd...on the amazon UK SITE it mentions that it's region one in the upper description(now remember this is in the UK)and says Region 2 below HERE...now on amazon US where you would expect Region 1 you get the warning about it being region 2 HERE

So if any US posters have this disc please let me know if it's region 1 compatible and where you ordered it from....

..........and both amazon.co.uk & .com show the disc to have the same barcode/catalogue number, and state Made in the EU, so very odd. I thought BDA was supposed to be Region Free - especially as there is no video content, so I suspect its just an error on the sites as they don't know what a BDA is. I've just ordered one from beaches_music in Canada, I haven't had an issue with anything from them being region encoded.

I have had some DVD-As where the 5.1 LPCM which won't play because they are US Region encoded, which is somewhat irritating.

..........and both amazon.co.uk & .com show the disc to have the same barcode/catalogue number, and state Made in the EU, so very odd. I thought BDA was supposed to be Region Free - especially as there is no video content, so I suspect its just an error on the sites as they don't know what a BDA is. I've just ordered one from beaches_music in Canada, I haven't had an issue with anything from them being region encoded.

I have had some DVD-As where the 5.1 LPCM which won't play because they are US Region encoded, which is somewhat irritating.

Even amazon ca has it as region 2 in both the product description and the details section HERE

Record Store Day 2015 is tomorrow...so you brave souls(my heroes) that support vinyl should stop by your nearest record store and see the many offerings and be thankful that these stores still exist..here is one in Wisconsin...and Bullmoose HERE

I plan to visit my local shop(3 blocks away if I go through my parking garage) and pick up the 2nd Miles box. I really liked the first one.

On second thought, I hope QL doesn't send me to audio purgatory for not posting this under "Listening now in MONO-Blasphemy"!

Is it a big store?

No, but the only size(s) that matter are 7", 10", and of course 12"! It is just a typical storefront, nothing huge. But has friendly staff who smile when I walk in. I like that touch.:music They are online too, but its a lousy site. It is actually easier to walk in and say, "Hello, have you got what I want?". It is Compact Music, a local chain of 2 stores. Its about half new records and CDs, and half used LPs.

No, but the only size(s) that matter are 7", 10", and of course 12"! It is just a typical storefront, nothing huge. But has friendly staff who smile when I walk in. I like that touch.:music They are online too, but its a lousy site. It is actually easier to walk in and say, "Hello, have you got what I want?". It is Compact Music, a local chain of 2 stores. Its about half new records and CDs, and half used LPs.

I like the smaller stores with the kind of staff you mentioned...

Clint Snood has it...............and yes it plays here in US..............bought mine from Amazon US long time ago bout less then year. Plays wonderfully in PCM DTS and Dolby.................Snood ordered because heard that all Blue ray audio are non region. Damn Amazon

Does come with a title screen so you can pick source and and title.

Enjoy - it awesome - PLay it LOUD!!! :banana:

Whew!:mad:@: I got to my local record shop and got the Miles Box! They only had one copy, and it's mine all mine! And I got a few other goodies too with the kind help of my very understanding partner as my money ran out about half way through my finds. I got the Kate Pierson remix 45, RHPS EP of Time Warp remixes, the Lego Movie pic discs and the Bee Gees extended mixes of Saturday Night Fever. Now for some marathon listening! Hope you guys got out for Record Store Day too!:banana:

That Miles box is oh, so cool! Although it's tempting, I already have some of it on SACD, as well as a complete Prestige CD box. I have over two dozen Miles boxes. Montreaux is 20 CD's, and Complete Columbia is 70 CD's. I'm still needing the mono CD box on Columbia.

Enjoy some of the best music ever made!

That Miles box is oh, so cool! Although it's tempting, I already have some of it on SACD, as well as a complete Prestige CD box. I have over two dozen Miles boxes. Montreal is 20 CD's, and Complete Columbia is 70 CD's. I'm still needing the mono CD box on Columbia.

Enjoy some of the best music ever made!

Thanks Linda! These are sweet pressings. They are smooth, quiet, and heavy live 10" counterparts of 180 gram discs. The box is well constructed and the jackets are very well made replicas of the originals, right down to the $3.95 price on the back. I will have a treat listening to all of them. My ONLY gripe is that they could have used poly lined inner sleeves instead of stiff paper. OH well, there's another thing to order when my next pay comes in, 10" inner sleeves!

Tomorrow is a big day.....UPS will be delivering all these...

:cool:

Iron Butterfly CD
514sDs-Q2kL._SX90_.jpg

RUSH - Blu-Ray Audio...A Farewell To Kings
61NiQVN1yAL._SX90_.jpg

EWF - Open Our Eyes SACD
511ThccQPzL._SX90_.jpg

America - Homecoming SACD
51v0gCKJJNL._SX90_.jpg

Listening to James Taylor - Never Die Young (CD)

Man - it's just amazing....here we have a CD that very well may sound WAY better than so many SACD or Gold CD or whatever. Taylor just keeps bringing the quality....over and over. I don't need to review each song...they all sound top notch. This is a CD that can be played loud and it just sounds wonderful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back