ALL ABOUT MUSIC

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Clint Eastwood

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
I wanted to open a thread where we can talk about anything connected to music...your favorite bands...or individual members...their projects...your favorite songs...an all encompassing thread for rock..pop...jazz..classical...any genre you want...too many times someone mentions some band or album on another thread and people want to talk about it but the dreaded "off topic" demons appear and we have to stop...kinda like being at a great party or lounge and someone turns on the bright lights and tells everybody that they have to leave.....well on this thread you won't have to leave...24/7 you can talk about any musical topic...nothing "off topic" here that pertains to music... so if you are on another thread and suddenly an off topic trend starts...bring the party here!...bring all your friends and neighbors!..let's talk about it...dwell on it..obsess over it...HERE...we might even do Jon a favor by not diluting the poll threads with "non poll" topics...who knows what can happen...

Last edited:
We had tickets for a Morrissey gig in Chicago several weeks ago. It and eight other dates were cancelled. Do you think he'll ever play Chicago again (and lots of other places)? Joe says it won't happen. He may be right. In August 2014, Capitol Music and Harvest Records ended their contracts with Morrissey.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morrissey

I wonder what the "real" issue is behind the contract problems..

EXCELLENT idea...thanks for getting the party started!! :banana:

interesting Nicks news...kind of a shame the songs were written but never previously recorded. as much as i've always loved her...i feel two important links are missing...Christie and Lindsey added so much depth to the songs and sound. i know i know...past time to get over it right? but the 3 were SO magical together i have a little trouble getting over it! however...i will keep an open mind and try....

EXCELLENT idea...thanks for getting the party started!! :banana:

interesting Nicks news...kind of a shame the songs were written but never previously recorded. as much as i've always loved her...i feel two important links are missing...Christie and Lindsey added so much depth to the songs and sound. i know i know...past time to get over it right? but the 3 were SO magical together i have a little trouble getting over it! however...i will keep an open mind and try....

Christine McVie is my favorite vocalist in that group...her voice was just unique..

Music and Your Body: How Music Affects Us and Why Music Therapy Promotes Health

Updated June 05, 2014

Research has shown that music has a profound effect on your body and psyche. In fact, there’s a growing field of health care known as music therapy, which uses music to heal. Those who practice music therapy are finding a benefit in using music to help cancer patients, children with ADD, and others, and even hospitals are beginning to use music and music therapy to help with pain management, to help ward off depression, to promote movement, to calm patients, to ease muscle tension, and for many other benefits that music and music therapy can bring. This is not surprising, as music affects the body and mind in many powerful ways. The following are some of effects of music, which help to explain the effectiveness of music therapy:

Brain Waves:
Research has shown that music with a strong beat can stimulate brainwaves to resonate in sync with the beat, with faster beats bringing sharper concentration and more alert thinking, and a slower tempo promoting a calm, meditative state. Also, research has found that the change in brainwave activity levels that music can bring can also enable the brain to shift speeds more easily on its own as needed, which means that music can bring lasting benefits to your state of mind, even after you’ve stopped listening.

Breathing and Heart Rate:
With alterations in brainwaves comes changes in other bodily functions. Those governed by the autonomic nervous system, such as breathing and heart rate can also be altered by the changes music can bring. This can mean slower breathing, slower heart rate, and an activation of the relaxation response, among other things. This is why music and music therapy can help counteract or prevent the damaging effects of chronic stress, greatly promoting not only relaxation, but health.

State of Mind:
Music can also be used to bring a more positive state of mind, helping to keep depression and anxiety at bay. This can help prevent the stress response from wreaking havoc on the body, and can help keep creativity and optimism levels higher, bringing many other benefits.

Other Benefits:
Music has also been found to bring many other benefits, such as lowering blood pressure (which can also reduce the risk of stroke and other health problems over time), boost immunity, ease muscle tension, and more. With so many benefits and such profound physical effects, it’s no surprise that so many are seeing music as an important tool to help the body in staying (or becoming) healthy.

http://stress.about.com/od/tensiontamers/a/music_therapy.htm

hmmmm...5.1??

http://www.spincds.com/cds/carnival-of-souls-lp-43122

“From The Vault” is a new series of live concerts from The Rolling Stones archive which are getting their first official release. “L.A. Forum – Live In 1975” is the second title in this series. The Rolling Stones’ “Tour Of The Americas ‘75” was the band’s first tour with new guitarist Ronnie Wood. Even before the dates started there were dramatic scenes in New York City at the official tour announcement when the band unexpectedly turned up on a flatbed truck to play “Brown Sugar”. After a couple of low key warm-up shows in Louisiana the tour took in 44 dates between the 3rd June and the 8th August 1975. They settled into the L.A. Forum for a five night stint from July 9th to 13th and this concert film features the show from July 12th. The footage has now been carefully restored and the sound has been newly mixed by Bob Clearmountain for this first official release of the show.

Key Selling Points

Simultaneous release on DVD, DVD+2CD and DVD+3LP.

The Rolling Stones profile remains extremely high following their 50th Anniversary tour and releases

Full length 2½ hour concert of The Rolling Stones performing at their very best.

“From The Vault” is a new series of live concerts from The Rolling Stones archive which are getting their first official release. “L.A. Forum – Live In 1975” is the second title in this series. The Rolling Stones’ “Tour Of The Americas ‘75” was the band’s first tour with new guitarist Ronnie Wood. Even before the dates started there were dramatic scenes in New York City at the official tour announcement when the band unexpectedly turned up on a flatbed truck to play “Brown Sugar”. After a couple of low key warm-up shows in Louisiana the tour took in 44 dates between the 3rd June and the 8th August 1975. They settled into the L.A. Forum for a five night stint from July 9th to 13th and this concert film features the show from July 12th. The footage has now been carefully restored and the sound has been newly mixed by Bob Clearmountain for this first official release of the show.

Oh yea, 5 nights at the Forum wasn't uncommon for the big acts back in the day...:wave

hmmmm...5.1??

Key Selling Points

The Rolling Stones profile remains extremely high following their 50th Anniversary tour and releases

Full length 2½ hour concert of The Rolling Stones performing at their very best.

I've seen the songlist from bootleg CD's and it's a good one BUT...I seriously doubt if it's a DVD-A surround....and if it's just a DVD video I'm not going to get it...even with Bob Clearmountain involved...or else it will follow a recent trend of the infamous SD blu rays...with the same crappy picture and the "promise" of improved sound like this one

hmmmm...5.1??

Key Selling Points

Check out these songlists HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back