ALL ABOUT MUSIC

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I decided to try this disc..it's gotten mixed reviews..from great to crap...

002.JPG

When I picked up the Zombies SACD I started thinking about another group...and a sound...the Merseybeat...the band was Gerry And The Pacemakers..like the Beatles in several ways...they came from Liverpool...they were managed by Brian Epstein..and recorded by George Martin...but they did something the Beatles didn't do...there first 3 single recordings were #1 hits in the UK....a record that stood for 20 years...this weeks song that I can't get out of my head is...

[video=youtube;zpwqmw0YXlg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpwqmw0YXlg[/video]

I don't like it (at all) but I'm bored of discussing its many flaws (unlike me not to want to rabbit on but.. really it sucks, I'm done.. I prefer the old A&M CD I bought for peanuts years ago). If it had been a 5.1 remix from the multi's, different story..

I read some of your comments on the other board..that's why I couldn't make up my mind about buying it...moments of brilliance and then parts that sound compressed...I've only played it twice...never had a disc like this one...just up and down...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back