ALL ABOUT MUSIC

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Listening to DIO - The Last In Line (Gold CD)

The basic qualities I noticed from Holy Diver Gold CD are repeated in the general qualities of this recording as well. There is a very nice punch low end that I feel was missing on the standard CD. I personally don't like this disc as well as Holy Diver...but that's just me. A few of the songs, for me, are still very excellent.

2. The Last In Line - I just love how that song opens up. I think DIO shines the most when he sings the quieter passages. His voice is so sweet and melodic. Of course, he can flat out scream like Rob Halford when he needs to...but I prefer his mellower side. I really do. (vocally I mean)

5. One Night In The City - A very typical sounding DIO song. Love the tune, and his vocals of course. Same punchy drums and some killer hooks. Outstanding.
6. Evil Eyes - Just a rocking driving drum.....excellent vocals. I can't pinpoint it...but I just love this song. A bit different from others in his catalog.
7. Mystery - OK...haha...another typical DIO song...but I love the sound and the feeling he brings to these predictable tunes. This is just a flat out great arena rock song. I can only imagine the crowd chanting the lyrics along with him.....this song shines on this Gold CD.
9. Egypt The Chains Are On - longer tune with lots of mystic sounds going on. You can't help but like this....very different for DIO I think. Once it gets going, it's got that Sabbath swagger again. Love it. This song jams..I can put the volume to it. No problems.

All in all, a great disc. Similarly to Holy Diver....I believe if you haven't purchased any of these...the Gold CD is the way to go.

th

Listening to James Taylor - Never Die Young (CD)

Man - it's just amazing....here we have a CD that very well may sound WAY better than so many SACD or Gold CD or whatever. Taylor just keeps bringing the quality....over and over. I don't need to review each song...they all sound top notch. This is a CD that can be played loud and it just sounds wonderful.

Sadly, the SACD of this album never made it out of the Sony production line. It was to be part of the "James Taylor Collection" but was dumped when the SACD program was mothballed. Bummer. I was looking forward to that one.

As much as I love In-Da-Gadda-Da-Vida...and as many times as I have heard it during my life...and as many CD's as I have purchased...I don't think I ever owned that one...strange..and now listening to it on youtube I'm kind of dazed...but not confused...more like...open to universal concepts...and I hate the designated hitter in baseball...and I don't believe Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone...and nobody should put ketchup on a hot dog..

Tomorrow is a big day.....UPS will be delivering all these...

:cool:

Iron Butterfly CD
514sDs-Q2kL._SX90_.jpg

RUSH - Blu-Ray Audio...A Farewell To Kings
61NiQVN1yAL._SX90_.jpg

EWF - Open Our Eyes SACD
511ThccQPzL._SX90_.jpg

America - Homecoming SACD
51v0gCKJJNL._SX90_.jpg

Snood got 3 of those 4 today in mail although already had The Iron Butterfly on regular CD........sooooooooo many things to listen to stillllllllllllll :51banana:

I'm listening to Rocky Mountain Way...a little Joe Walsh action...just got this CD today...just for that song...the best part on the back of the CD cover.."this compact disc contains program transferred from analog tape and therefore may contain some tape hiss and other anomalies that exist with analog recordings"...and the badge of honor AAD..which I always try to get...
I was tempted to get a more recent version to get Funk 49 on it...but I resisted the temptation so I could get these numbers...the same numbers as the gold cd...as it sounds as good as I thought it would..and for a $7 delivered price for a new disc...I'm happy

016.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back