ALL TESTS ON THE SURROUND MASTER

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a fascinating thread and most informative about the SM3 as well. I recently bought a MiniDSP Flex which I highly recommend. this device takes in analogue stereo,Spdif,optical and Bluetooth puts it through its own very useful Eq DSP and can then spit out 4 channels in any combo you need (using a matrix) via a master preamp with a remote control. Many people use this to create their own crossover points for Subs so you can have a stereo output and 2 mono sub outputs derived from your input stereo and Eq those for your perfect crossover point. I find this device useful mainly for its Eq which can be manipulated via info from REW(Room Eq Wizard) or via a DIRAC license if wanted…but i run it also as a splitter so I have one Eqed stereo pair running to the analogue input of the Surround master and thence to my 5.1 monitor controller and the other pair running direct to stereo out so i can switch easily between the 2 scenarios on my SPL 5.1 monitor controller. The DAC on this thing is phenomenal and has passed some serious testing. The introduction of the DSP for my room correction has made a massive difference and I can send the exact signal for the room to the Surround master.

If Involve could create a monster preamp hybrid of this technology id have one less box and one less set of cables to muck about with. The DSP Eq is a seriously useful addition and the way speaker/amp tech is going is the future of audio manipulation. The multi input and remote volume capability is also really useful. I can run a variety of analogue and digital inputs to the SM3 now all easily switchable.

Back