All YES Steven Wilson BR Expanded Editions

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would love to buy all the SW mixes of Yes albums but cannot listen to that whiny voice for more than 10 seconds at a time, even although the music is great I cannot get past it, sorry Jon lovers!
I can certainly respect that you don’t care for Jon’s vocals. But, I don’t think “whiny” is a fair description. High pitched maybe?

Madscot, I hear that Jon Anderson, Axl Rose and Geddy Lee want to form a barbershop quartet and are looking for a fourth person to round out the group.
:sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:
If you heard me singing you would be put off music for life, I seriously have the worst singing voice i’ve ever heard in my life, maybe I shouldn’t be talking about pros!

You are a sad excuse for a music critic with no frontal lobe. But please, if you will, enjoy the Charismatic Voice to perhaps understand your failings….

OT- Speaking of divisive voices and people without credibility criticizing others, Richard Thompson once gifted this motto to a listserve run by his devotees- 'They're worse than critics- they're amateur critics.' Lest we take ourselves too seriously...

OT- Speaking of divisive voices and people without credibility criticizing others, Richard Thompson once gifted this motto to a listserve run by his devotees- 'They're worse than critics- they're amateur critics.' Lest we take ourselves too seriously...
Tongue in cheek definitely. I noticed your reply left off the content I provided in that post to lighten the load. Alas, OT to you too, good sir!

Along those lines, I believe it was Frank Zappa who quipped that rock ‘zines were written by people who can’t write…for people who can’t read…about people who can’t play music 😜

Both the DVD-A Fragile remix of America and Steven Wilson's remix of America on his CttE set are...*bad*. Very disappointing.

Here is the template for what 'America' should have sounded like. It's the original Eddy Offord stereo mix from The New Age of Atlantic sampler LP, 1972, i.e., the same mix heard on Yesterdays, minus the gobs of reverb added for that 1975 reissue

Both the DVD-A Fragile remix of America and Steven Wilson's remix of America on his CttE set are...*bad*. Very disappointing.

Here is the template for what 'America' should have sounded like. It's the original Eddy Offord stereo mix from The New Age of Atlantic sampler LP, 1972, i.e., the same mix heard on Yesterdays, minus the gobs of reverb added for that 1975 reissue

Thanks! I ordered this LP off Discogs.

Fragile DVD-A from Rhino was actually wonderful. I like Roundabout on it, but need to compare the 5.1 directly with the Wilson 5.1 mix.

Last edited:
Back