HiRez Poll Allman Brothers Band, The - THE 1971 FILLMORE EAST RECORDINGS [Blu-Ray Audio]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the BDA of the Allman Brothers Band - THE 1971 FILLMORE EAST RECORDINGS

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1: Poor Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
Please post your thoughts and comments on this 2014 Blu-Ray Audio release from Universal Music containing all of the 1971 Fillmore East recordings from the Allman Brothers Band remixed in 5.1 surround.

(y):)(n)

R-6054647-1409913647-2440.jpeg.jpg

R-6054647-1409913648-5442.jpeg.jpg

I voted 9. I love everything about it, the fidelity, the surround, the track list, the liner notes, the packaging, a very historical release for one of the most if not the #1 live album of all time.
My one disappointment which knocked my vote from 10 to 9, and it is a big disappointment, is that they did not include the original 1971 release in the updated Blu Ray package.

I voted 9. I love everything about it, the fidelity, the surround, the track list, the liner notes, the packaging, a very historical release for one of the most if not the #1 live album of all time.
My one disappointment which knocked my vote from 10 to 9, and it is a big disappointment, is that they did not include the original 1971 release in the updated Blu Ray package.
I totally agree + original quad mix

Last edited:
Not at all a true surround mix, nor demo material for heathens, ah but the music!

Maybe it is my ears that are too damaged to perceive it, but I didn't hear any gated noise reduction, which is way too obvious in the original release.

Berry really in the center speaker, don't have much of one or a sub, a new/bigger one arrives soon, but maybe I should physically switch some speaker output connections around? I really prefer 4.0 mixes...

Berry really in the center speaker, don't have much of one or a sub, a new/bigger one arrives soon, but maybe I should physically switch some speaker output connections around? I really prefer 4.0 mixes...

Just turn off the center channel in your AVR. It should mix the center signal equally to Front L&R, putting that info in the phantom center.

Amazing that only 5 people voted on this release...iconic song list...priceless performance by one of the all-time guitar greats...hopefully the scarcity of votes doesn't represent the volume of sales...if you don't have this one...you should if you like the music..

Just turn off the center channel in your AVR. It should mix the center signal equally to Front L&R, putting that info in the phantom center.
No AVR, just two separate "identical" analog stereo receivers powering four "identical" floor speakers, plus a 100W mono amp for the center speaker.

Amazing that only 5 people voted on this release...iconic song list...priceless performance by one of the all-time guitar greats...hopefully the scarcity of votes doesn't represent the volume of sales...if you don't have this one...you should if you like the music..

People may be happy with their previous multichannel versions is the only thing I can think of. Live mixes aren't as important as studio stuff to most. You do make a good point and I too am surprised. Big box fatigue maybe?

People may be happy with their previous multichannel versions is the only thing I can think of. Live mixes aren't as important as studio stuff to most. You do make a good point and I too am surprised. Big box fatigue maybe?

Folks here seem to like the dts CD mix better from what I'm reading; but I don't like either one really &&&&& one more try :LOL:

No AVR, just two separate "identical" analog stereo receivers powering four "identical" floor speakers, plus a 100W mono amp for the center speaker.

What disc spinner do you have? I'd think you'd have to choose your speakers when setting up the analog outs; can't you just choose none for center channel?

What disc spinner do you have? I'd think you'd have to choose your speakers when setting up the analog outs; can't you just choose none for center channel?
For a time a Pioneer Elite DV-45A and Oppo BDP-83 weren't connected to any video monitors, so changing settings wasn't an option. May do some experimenting, when the new center speaker arrives.

Listening to Saturday's second show last night I realized the musicians' distribution in the stereo panorama (front) in this mix reflects the cover photo.

Can't be sure about the drummers.

Back