HiRez Poll Allman Brothers - EAT A PEACH [SACD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the SACD of Allman Brothers - EAT A PEACH

• Total voters
Have you heard the quad mix? It's more interesting than this, but still not exactly jaw-dropping.

I wish they'd get Kevin Reeves to remix the entire Allman Bros catalog to surround - his 5.1 of Idlewild South is a slam-dunk, IMO.

no, never heard the Quad, had a rip of the Q4 that was corrupted or something, never played from day 1 so gave up on it as a bad lot. really enjoyed Kevin Reeves' Idlewild South 5.1, adventurous mix, if he did the catalogue in Surround i'd buy them all.

had recourse to revisit this one after a good few years of it sitting on the shelf, after QQ member Bill Mac posted about it over on SHTV, saying the Surround SACD wasn't very good. well, in a nutshell he is right!

ugh. downgraded from a generous "8" to a begrudging "4".
Ouch !
I guess I like the music so much I could never rate it that low.

This is definitely not a very discreet mix but it definitely isn't double stereo. I probably wouldn't use it to demonstrate surround sound to someone but it is a great sounding mix of one of the best albums of all time so I gave it a 9. If you want a more discreet mix seek out the quad version (would be nice if it gets a digital release someday). Also tomorrow is the 51st anniversary of this albums release (I can easily remember the release date of this album as it's the exact same day as one of my parents was born).

Back