Alphabetical Index of all DTS CD/Audio DVD Polls

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelydave

Super Moderator
Staff member
Since 2002/2003
Here is a PDF of all the current DTS CD and Lossy Audio DVD polls here in this section:

DTS CD and Audio DVD Poll Index

This PDF will be updated monthly at same time the Surround Polls pages are updated with new poll data.

Now I know lossy surround is kind of the red-headed stepchild of this community, not glorious hirez and not warm and fuzzy analog, but a lot of good stuff has been discussed in these polls over the years, and I'm hoping that this index will help shine a light on some of the hidden gems discussed in this forum.

I've also tidied up the titles of all the poll threads in this forum to make them uniform, as I thought it would make things easier for anyone who's either searching for something, or scrolling through pages.

The suffix at the end of each poll thread title now follows a standard format of [<audio format(s)> <disc type>] which I thought would have a dual benefit: for people who own a disc, it's easy to verify that the disc in hand matches the poll they might be voting on, and for people who don't own a disc, it's easier to make an informed judgement about seeking it out based on the audio formats, as no one wants to pay crazy OOP prices for something only to find out it only has a crappy Dolby Digital-only audio track...or maybe they do.

Anyway, these are the suffixes you should now find at the end of all poll threads, in case you want to search for them or anything:

[DD DVD]
[DTS DVD]
[DTS/DD DVD]
[DTS 96/24 DVD]
[DTS 96-24/DD DVD]

[DD DualDisc]
[DTS/DD DualDisc]
[DTS 96-24/DD DualDisc]

[DTS CD]
[DTS-ES CD]

A lot of these lossy discs obviously came as part of deluxe editions with CDs (or an LP, in the case of that ridiculous Ten Years After reissue) so where I know the configuration of those packages I've added things like +CD +2CD +LP etc.

I'd encourage everyone to have a look through the alphabetical index PDF linked above and vote on some (or all) of the titles you own if you haven't already - also, if you notice any glaring omissions in the list please post or PM a mod (a grown-up, responsible one, not me) and we'll try and get new polls created as time allows.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a PDF of all the current DTS CD and Lossy Audio DVD polls here in this section:

DTS CD and Audio DVD Poll Index

This PDF will be updated monthly at same time the Surround Polls pages are updated with new poll data.

Now I know lossy surround is kind of the red-headed stepchild of this community, not glorious hirez and not warm and fuzzy analog, but a lot of good stuff has been discussed in these polls over the years, and I'm hoping that this index will help shine a light on some of the hidden gems discussed in this forum.

I've also tidied up the titles of all the poll threads in this forum to make them uniform, as I thought it would make things easier for anyone who's either searching for something, or scrolling through pages.

The suffix at the end of each poll thread title now follows a standard format of [<audio format(s)> <disc type>] which I thought would have a dual benefit: for people who own a disc, it's easy to verify that the disc in hand matches the poll they might be voting on, and for people who don't own a disc, it's easier to make an informed judgement about seeking it out based on the audio formats, as no one wants to pay crazy OOP prices for something only to find out it only has a crappy Dolby Digital-only audio track...or maybe they do.

Anyway, these are the suffixes you should now find at the end of all poll threads, in case you want to search for them or anything:

[DD DVD]
[DTS DVD]
[DTS/DD DVD]
[DTS 96/24 DVD]
[DTS 96-24/DD DVD]

[DD DualDisc]
[DTS/DD DualDisc]
[DTS 96-24/DD DualDisc]

[DTS CD]
[DTS-ES CD]

A lot of these lossy discs obviously came as part of deluxe editions with CDs (or an LP, in the case of that ridiculous Ten Years After reissue) so where I know the configuration of those packages I've added things like +CD +2CD +LP etc.

I'd encourage everyone to have a look through the alphabetical index PDF linked above and vote on some (or all) of the titles you own if you haven't already - also, if you notice any glaring omissions in the list please post or PM a mod (a grown-up, responsible one, not me) and we'll try and get new polls created as time allows.

Thanks for doing all this thankless housekeeping, @steelydave. Some fabulous titles there, and too many with votes in the single digits. Remind us again how many votes it takes to lift a poll title into the realm of visibility: 6? 10? (I think I've heard/seen conflicting information.)

Also, speaking of unjustly invisible titles: your clerical work here may be done already, but if anyone were searching for Nellie McKay, they might not find her, as her first name is misspelled.

Now to make my playlist for the next week. Let's see...Bjork, John Legend, Mavericks, Nellie McKay, Uphollow...

Thanks for doing all this thankless housekeeping, @steelydave. Some fabulous titles there, and too many with votes in the single digits. Remind us again how many votes it takes to lift a poll title into the realm of visibility: 6? 10? (I think I've heard/seen conflicting information.)

The threshold is currently 10 votes - as I said about the 4 Channel Legacy polls, I'm a proponent of lowering this, but by what number, I'm not sure. The issue for me is that lower-profile titles get left off the surround polls and are basically banished to obscurity by the fact that they're obscure to start with, which is why I came up with this alphabetical index idea, as it provides a full accounting of everything without any popularity bias.

Also, speaking of unjustly invisible titles: your clerical work here may be done already, but if anyone were searching for Nellie McKay, they might not find her, as her first name is misspelled.

Now to make my playlist for the next week. Let's see...Bjork, John Legend, Mavericks, Nellie McKay, Uphollow..

It doesn't show up in the PDF (I think the updated thread titles may be reflected in a future update), but I fixed the title of that Nellie McKay thread, and a handful of other misspellings as well, and added a few subtitles like "40th Anniversary Edition", "Deluxe Edition" and so on, just to make it more clear what they were. If you (or anyone) see any other errant titles, click through to the actual thread and check it, and if it is still wrong, PM me and I'll amend it.

@steelydave The Poll Reports (both HTML reports and the PDFs on QQ) are generated from the database I have here locally. The artist and titles aren’t updated from the poll pages, only voting, in the current app I have, so I’ll also need to do some work to update those with any spelling mistakes etc. Only new polls are added with the new poll artist and title as defined on a new poll page.

I‘ll have a think about best way to do Artist and Title updates...

Back