Amazon Drive problems

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, a bit of an update. So, while I don't understand why...here is what is happening. When I create a new folder, I don't see it. Then, in about 30-45 minutes...it shows up. This has never happened as I've been using Amazon Drive for 4 years. Everything would be immediate before. Now, even though it says it's creating folders, they are not showing up. Until much, much later.

Odd.
Not that I'm going to be much help but I have similar experience with Dropbox. Instead of "all files" I just lump everything into "camera uploads." Should I do an audio/video upload normally it would appear at the top of the index being the most recent. Maybe 6 mos ago I noticed after doing that it wouldn't be there. No matter how much I scrolled & poked around I couldn't find it. But if I searched for the file name it was there! Then if next time using Dropbox at a later point it would be at the expected point in the list. Hmmm

Doing downloads from various friends it seems all of these cloud storage sites have their wonkiness. The GUI's are pretty bad, sometimes there's no indication of up/down load status, if downloading sometimes you can't always pick where to store. I use Dropbox because the fee is reasonable & every pic I take on my phone is automatically saved to both desktop PC & Dropbox in the cloud.

Reactions: GOS
Well I'm confused on this as I only see a download for Android mobile for this, not Windows?
I do see you can use Amazon Photos, did something change with these; and what OS are you on?
Do you have a link to re-install Amazon Drive to Win. 10?

Well I'm confused on this as I only see a download for Android mobile for this, not Windows?
I do see you can use Amazon Photos, did something change with these; and what OS are you on?
Do you have a link to re-install Amazon Drive to Win. 10?
Using Windows 10 on my PC. As far as my iphone, I simply downloaded the app. Long time ago. As far as photos, if I save a photo, it goes to my Amazon Drive. I purchased 1TB space...so I can put what I want in it. I don't recall downloading anything. It's web based site, so not sure about that. I've had it for years, so whatever process I had to go through to get it set up, I have no recollection. It wasn't hard, whatever it was.

Using Windows 10 on my PC. As far as my iphone, I simply downloaded the app. Long time ago. As far as photos, if I save a photo, it goes to my Amazon Drive. I purchased 1TB space...so I can put what I want in it. I don't recall downloading anything. It's web based site, so not sure about that. I've had it for years, so whatever process I had to go through to get it set up, I have no recollection. It wasn't hard, whatever it was.
So let's start with that, where do you start the program (browser app) from, the Amazon web site (via Google Chrome etc.) or a separate icon on your desk top?

I have it marked as a bookmark within Chrome. So, I just go to the bookmark. Amazon.com/clouddrive
Here's what I get when I search the web for it and it pulls up in Amazon's site (Legacy Amazon Drive apps):

Amazon Drive.jpg

I have problems with Mega every once in a while. But usually doing a "reset" inside Mega fixes the problems, if not alone then combined with telling Firefox to dump it's cache.
I am prone to periodically forget all this stuff, so I ask:
I guess what I'm getting at, are there any settings you can reach in Amazon? And of course it always pays to ask, have you cleaned your browsers cache?

Reactions: GOS
Back