Amazon Echo Studio

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Is this what we've come to?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07G9Y3ZM...952-f505fad79e33&pf_rd_r=V54QMKVZ8Z1JPRY7C222
61FPZMMCqzL._SL1000_.jpg

61gd6YvzWyL._SL1000_.jpg

TechDetails_ES._CB452481835_.jpg

Recently, I bought a Google Mimi off eBay for $25 shipped. I was wary of these type of devices. But the information you can get from them is amazing. I also play radio stations and also subcribe to YouTube music. It's a hell of a lot easier to just say, "Hey Google play X music," than fuss around. What they can do is cool.

But it's Not ever going to replace my Sound system. One thing does not replace or can be another in the universe. It's just it's own thing, and does what it was designed for. Now, if we could tape 4 Mini's to the corners of the room and play Quad, we might have something..

Recently, I bought a Google Mimi off eBay for $25 shipped. I was wary of these type of devices. But the information you can get from them is amazing. I also play radio stations and also subcribe to YouTube music. It's a hell of a lot easier to just say, "Hey Google play X music," than fuss around. What they can do is cool.

But it's Not ever going to replace my Sound system. One thing does not replace or can be another in the universe. It's just it's own thing and does what it was designed for. Now, if we could tape 4 Mini's to the corners of the room and play Quad, we might have something..

You can have Alexa control your smart TV. If your TV is part of your sound system, you’re already there.

Oooooooooooh man to play the new Abbey Road Multichannel through that would be so dreamy :rolleyes:

Screw Atmos Snood say gimme that thing:LB:LB:LB

OMG this does Dolby ATMOS - ECHO STUDIO HERE SNOOOOOOOOOOOD COME :rocks

Snood can get rid of all that bulky 5.1 stuffz like Oppos, Speakers, marantz and stuffz like that:unsure: Thank you Amazon :QQlove

Last edited:
Oooooooooooh man to play the new Abbey Road Multichannel through that would be so dreamy :rolleyes:

Screw Atmos Snood say gimme that thing:LB:LB:LB

OMG this does Dolby ATMOS - ECHO STUDIO HERE SNOOOOOOOOOOOD COME :rocks

Snood can get rid of all that bulky 5.1 stuffz like Oppos, Speakers, marantz and stuffz like that:unsure: Thank you Amazon :QQlove
Snood?

However this all plays out, this should be good. At the very least, this puts surround on people's radar, who normally wouldn't know. What we'll need is more surround playback options and music. And a hell of a lot of surround music.

Let's finally put surround in ALL cars going forward. Already here in the San Francisco Bay Area, there is a reimagining of what the insides of driverless cars are going to be without the need for a steering wheel. You'll have an entertainment system on wheels, in addition to office space. This is already old news here. But it's coming.

How about for the home maybe just hang speakers on the wall. Everything WiFi controlled with smart phone, with amplified speakers. This may not be for everyone here, but better than a sound bar stick for the casual user.

Whatever the situation, none of this will work without Ton's of music and easy to use surround playback devices for the casual user.

I've mused about Amazon getting into the surround music streaming game. It just makes sense. It's a repurposing/combing of services they already offer. I'm hoping this goes beyond Atmos to include other surround formats, be they lossless (preferred) or lossy (acceptable). With the death of the disc and rise of subscription-based streaming, surround music needs a new home. I do hope Amazon will offer surround downloads, though, too. I'd prefer to own and have offline access to my music.

If it all comes out as mp3s, a lot of the audiophile audience will be highly disappointed. And one speaker? Soundbar of the future?

Color me unimpressed so far, but yes, anything that brings surround to everyone's attention can't be all bad.

Last edited:
but... but.... but.... what about the height channels? :ROFLMAO: :LOL: :ROFLMAO:

this whole Atmos thing is slowly becoming more of a joke every day because of stuff like this
Exact placement of the object oriented sounds, bouncing the imaging off the ceiling and walls, sorta like what I’m doing right now laughing my ass off and weeping at the same time :censored:

The whole concept stinks; 1st off, you need a DAC converter, to hear the Hi-Res sound
Therefore, headphones, are useless, & the files take up way too much space on an IPhone; even my 128GB
The downloading on the phone becomes tedious; the Hi-Res tracks are displayed as playlists
I'm sticking to the normal resolution, for headphones, & Apple CarPlay
Not DVD/A, or SACD, 5.1, but hey, you can't have everything

Back