Amazon Echo Studio

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Strasburg? You are either a fellow train nerd or you like to chase Amish buggies. I live in Lititz, but am down in Yorktown VA right now for daughter #1's graduation from Coast Guard A school.
Will be riding behind 611 tomorrow at 10:30 and 11:30 at Strasberg. Thanks for the info. Will check it out tomorrow after train if I feel up to it.

I'm a fellow train nerd. Talk about getting off topic!

This statement was on the Amazon Echo Studio web page:

"All of your interactions with Alexa are encrypted in transit to Amazon’s cloud where they are securely stored."

Secure is great (maybe), but this is a Big Data company we're talking about here. I wouldn't be surprised if they are using algorithms that process all that "secure" Big Data as a tool for marketing purposes.

This statement was on the Amazon Echo Studio web page:

"All of your interactions with Alexa are encrypted in transit to Amazon’s cloud where they are securely stored."

Secure is great (maybe), but this is a Big Data company we're talking about here. I wouldn't be surprised if they are using algorithms that process all that "secure" Big Data as a tool for marketing purposes.

What about the stuff you are talking about that s NOT directed to Alexa???
Ahh, too late, BIG BROTHER/DATA is ALWAYS LISTENING.. AND RECORDING!!!

If Big Brother is interested in the conversations take place in MY kitchen? Lol.
ANYTHING and EVERYTHING....at least it'll be safeguarded in the mainframe computers underground...

Oh great. So if wife says to buy 1% milk but I come home with 2% I can't swear she said 2%...All because that incriminating info is stored forever in some nuke resistant server! Now what do we do @J. PUPSTER ? :eek:

Oh great. So if wife says to buy 1% milk but I come home with 2% I can't swear she said 2%...All because that incriminating info is stored forever in some nuke resistant server! Now what do we do @J. PUPSTER ? :eek:
Just carry on with the surround party; there's no time to waste 🥳
'Cause I have no intention of having an Alexa type device in my house.

I don't know if this has been posted, but I came across this tidbit of info yesterday:
Amazon Music HD with Atmos will only be compatible with our Echo Studio device.

from here:
https://www.amazonforum.com/forums/digital-content/amazon-music/524869-atmos-music-how
Kills hope that I can process the 5.1 surround from new Atmos music streamed on Amazon HD. Bummer ...

If that compulsory tie to the Echo Studio is correct, I'm going to be pissed. But it makes sense from a unit sales perspective.

I've got Logic7, Involve Surround Master, and the Wizard of Watford taking good care of me. The only "Amazon" I need is the one in South America with the rain forest.

I don't know if this has been posted, but I came across this tidbit of info yesterday:
Amazon Music HD with Atmos will only be compatible with our Echo Studio device.

from here:
https://www.amazonforum.com/forums/digital-content/amazon-music/524869-atmos-music-how
Kills hope that I can process the 5.1 surround from new Atmos music streamed on Amazon HD. Bummer ...
That contradicts everything else that I've read....we'll have to look into this some more...
Dolby Atmos Music arrives on Amazon Music HD

This is from https://www.whathifi.com/us/news/dolby-atmos-music-arrives-on-amazon-music-hd

"But you don’t need to have an Echo Studio to play Dolby Atmos Music through Amazon Music HD. Any speakers will do the trick so long as they’re connected to an AVR which supports Atmos. So if you already have a home cinema set-up and an Atmos-supporting amp, then your content options just got a little better with Dolby Atmos Music more readily available "

If I can verify that Amazon Music HD has Atmos music available now, I'll sign up for a free trial and test Atmos streaming on my Marantz. According to the above article, they should have 50 songs available now....

And this is the specs blurb as to what the new Amazon listening...sorry... playing device, will play
Just Blu-ray, SACD etc to go then...

Who needs an expensive speaker/amp set up anymore?

Gawd help us!!

Supported audio formatsFLAC, MP3, AAC, Opus, Vorbis, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby Atmos, Sony 360 Reality Audio/MPEG-H; includes support for CD Quality (16-bit) and Hi-Res (24-bit)

You can always play it safe, ar, by just buying WHOLE MILK and watering it down to either 1 or 2%!

And this is the specs blurb as to what the new Amazon listening...sorry... playing device, will play
Just Blu-ray, SACD etc to go then...

Who needs an expensive speaker/amp set up anymore?

Gawd help us!!

Supported audio formatsFLAC, MP3, AAC, Opus, Vorbis, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby Atmos, Sony 360 Reality Audio/MPEG-H; includes support for CD Quality (16-bit) and Hi-Res (24-bit)

And they'll put in subliminal messages saying buy more from us, buy more from us, buy ……………...…………… :devilish:

Back