Amazon Music HD's "3D Music" offerings

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah they have that and 'Rocks' listed as 3D in Amazon HD, but no 'TITA' for which they have a choice of 2 mixes?! And no way to play them properly?! What a bunch of 'TITS'...😄

The Paul Simon I noticed is the 'debut' S/T... The others aren't listed yet... I remember all the stuff on QQ about when the Bridge Over Troubled Water SACD got cancelled - but I don't recall hearing/seeing anything definitive on why it happened? It was all just a bit confusing? Whether it got cancelled because he's anti-surround or some other technicality?

For the record I have Amazon Music HD and an Atmos receiver and despite my repeated banging on the flux capacitor I just can't get it to work... 🤖

Probably because Amazon 3D and their accompanying 'echo studio' is nothing more than a glorified soundbar which if you ever heard one [I have] hardly delivers the promised DOLBY surround experience MUCH LESS Dolby Atmos from a front centric array of speakers...with or without a subwoofer.

I suspect, if you want the true ATMOS experience as of this posting, there are literally hundreds of movies, BD~V and UHD4K which sport TRUE ATMOS soundtracks and a number of BD~As as well....all of which are pretty much documented on various QQ threads.

Perhaps in the near future when the dust has settled, the TRUE ATMOS experience will be revealed by a more savvy platform than Amazon3D/Echo Studio's current, IMO, ANEMIC offering.

Last edited:
Some of us old cynical types know a load of old horse droppings when we see it.
This is just a ploy by Amazon to get folk to buy the Surround 'Fartbox' and then get to hear Atmos in it's true one dimensional format....grrrrr

On the brighter side of the coin, is the chance,that there really are new, true Atmos mixes out there.

Ooh I'm soo peeved, I could crush a grape. :):mad:🥴

ooh your cynicism.. i could test drive a tonka..!! 🧚‍♂️

ooh your cynicism.. I could test drive a tonka..!! 🧚‍♂️

While listening to a newly remixed ATMOS version of Las Vegas Legend Wayne Newton's "TONKA SCHOEN" while zippin' through the crowded streets of London Town

See the source image
ADAM's DOLBY ATMOS EQUIPPED 2020 TONKA:cool:is that Elton John riding shotgun?

Last edited:
Yeah they have that and 'Rocks' listed as 3D in Amazon HD, but no 'TITA' for which they have a choice of 2 mixes?! And no way to play them properly?! What a bunch of 'TITS'...😄

The Paul Simon I noticed is the 'debut' S/T... The others aren't listed yet... I remember all the stuff on QQ about when the Bridge Over Troubled Water SACD got cancelled - but I don't recall hearing/seeing anything definitive on why it happened? It was all just a bit confusing? Whether it got cancelled because he's anti-surround or some other technicality?

For the record I have Amazon Music HD and an Atmos receiver and despite my repeated banging on the flux capacitor I just can't get it to work... 🤖
Yes Javier was definitely succinctly obfuscating about the availability of full blown Atmos for the folks with an authentic system in their homes... and since we are being flooded with all these great Atmos mixed titles now like The Traveler and Abbey Road and uh :unsure:… er uh :unsure:… um... 😖
Golly gosh giddy up 🐎 , I hope I'm wrong about all of this,

Am listening to EW&F as we speak. Instead of lamenting the fact Amazon's 3D audio is probably a BUST, we have ALL these fantastic D~V QUADs in Superior sonics to savor ........

listening to now..

Ralphie's Lament by Whingie Whingerton

- is this some kind of a bust?
- yes, that's very impressive

waaaahhh waaaaaahhh waaahhhh 😘

Yes Javier was definitely succinctly obfuscating about the availability of full blown Atmos for the folks with an authentic system in their homes... and since we are being flooded with all these great Atmos mixed titles now like The Traveler and Abbey Road and uh :unsure:… er uh :unsure:… um... 😖
Golly gosh giddy up🐎 , I hope I'm wrong about all of this,

stop horsing around ye Atmos swindlers of Amazon and Universal, this Pup has no nag in this race!! 🤑 🐶

is there any potential for a semi-decent discussion on what may (scarily) end up being the "future" of Surround music with this Atmos-lite streaming stuff?

or is it just the general gist that this new Amazon 3D HD/Reality Audio offering is all fake crap and no good can come of it..!?

oh well, back to the Vocalion Quad SACDs for now, I guess.. i really only want those unreleased Elton and other UMG 5.1's from any future new surround push Universal get involved in and was clutching at straws this may be a foot in the door but it seems not.

at this point i don't care if the unreleased mixes come on Elcaset, flexidisc or a bloody wax cylinder! well maybe not.. but.. "you know what i mean.."

Unfortunately Adam this niche hobby of ours will always have peaks and troughs, especially where recently edumacated business types, will look at every avenue, to produce a ready market for flogging their wares.

I'm a born optimist, no really, and I always look for a chink of light in any approaching. potential. gloom.
I think our surround engineers know more than they are letting on at the mo, as the Amazon dollars are holding sway.
What is the point in them mixing in true Atmos surround, if it's never going to be used as it should be.
Now who do we know who has inside knowledge.....humm. :unsure: :)

is there any potential for a semi-decent discussion on what may (scarily) end up being the "future" of Surround music with this Atmos-lite streaming stuff?

or is it just the general gist that this new Amazon 3D HD/Reality Audio offering is all fake crap and no good can come of it..!?

oh well, back to the Vocalion Quad SACDs for now, I guess.. i really only want those unreleased Elton and other UMG 5.1's from any future new surround push Universal get involved in and was clutching at straws this may be a foot in the door but it seems not.

at this point i don't care if the unreleased mixes come on Elcaset, flexidisc or a bloody wax cylinder! well maybe not.. but.. "you know what i mean.."

Could it be that the Wiz and wee elves of City of Angels WATFORD, UK could gain access to those unreleased EJ 5.1s? A logical move, IMO, if UMG has little or NO interest.

In the meantime, Adam .... Keep on 'truckin' ...... if you know what I mean. Tonka Schoen! Wayne Newton

Unfortunately Adam this niche hobby of ours will always have peaks and troughs, especially where recently edumacated business types, will look at every avenue, to produce a ready market for flogging their wares.

I'm a born optimist, no really, and I always look for a chink of light in any approaching. potential. gloom.
I think our surround engineers know more than they are letting on at the mo, as the Amazon dollars are holding sway.
What is the point in them mixing in true Atmos surround, if it's never going to be used as it should be.
Now who do we know who has inside knowledge.....humm. :unsure: :)

I am with beerking

This stuff is not being created for surround fans. This stuff is being created to move product. The whole 'Atmos' thing is so undefined that it's hard to grasp.

Sure, there is "real Atmos". You have independent channels and speakers, be it 7.1, 9.1, 11.1, whatever. Height speakers, the whole deal. OK, so how many families in the WORLD will do this? If they won't do 5.1, they sure as hell ain't ripping their walls apart to install height speakers and buying a $2000 receiver.

BUT - - - Hey, they can buy a slim line 'Atmos Compatible' receiver with what, 5.1 speakers(?), and play Atmos stuff in the compatible mode. Not quite "real" Atmos, but sorta super 5.1. And how many families in the world go out and buy a receiver and speakers these days. Some, but not many.

That leaves the soundbar/single box folks. The target audience that Amazon is looking for. Sure, they might be inquisitive and splurge for the $300 box, buy access to a few "Atmos" streams, and show their friends, but in the end, there is no way for them to know if they are actually hearing a surround mix, or a surround-derived upmix. Just no way for them to know.

Since they can't tell, the content providers can do whatever the hell they like. Why should Sony and WEA or whomever spend money on going back to the master tapes and creating a real surround mix when the end user can't tell the difference? Answer: they won't. They'll throw Paul Simon's first album into a DAW, run it through PENTEO ATMOS MODE, then give it to Amazon. That's why Paul Simon can't complain because they are not really remixing it.

This is why I don't trust Atmos and the industry. Sure, there's "Abbey Road", and R.E.M., and a few others that are legit and that's great. But there will be such a huge pool of these fake or unknown and unproven mixes out there that the real surround fan will be better off with their own DAW with SPECWeb or PENTEO and do it themselves.

It's just too easy for the content providers to pull another fast one on us. History repeats itself. It's about time for them to do it again. I am all for "real Atmos". It's the other stuff that makes me leery.

One speaker, this sounds like crap.
See video
It's really funny, he says twice he is not going to say the name of the assistant, then imeadiately after the second time he says Akexia 🤣 I'm sure there is a market for this device, but not me. I think up firing does not work unless you have a small rectangular room with smooth ceiling. I had the..
20191212_223641.jpg

up firing modules for atmos, I had to get a bracket and mount them down firing to get a real effect. As he states it doesn't get behind you, so how would that be immersive?

Last edited:
Back