Amazon's Delivery Drone Debuts

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J. PUPSTER

💿🐕 Senior Disc Chaser 🎸
QQ Supporter
I receive music content by mail if not daily, for sure every other day or three.
I saw this article and found it interesting about drone delivery. What seems to me a potential problem for companies like Amazon or Walmart etc.; is similar to here in Sacramento, their large distribution centers are located very near to major airports. So we’ll have significant drone activity just hundreds of yards to major air traffic; how’s that going to work?
Amazon debuts its new delivery drone
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/06/05/amazon-debuts-its-new-delivery-drone.html?__source=iosappshare|com.apple.UIKit.activity.CopyToPasteboard

Last edited:
Sorry if this doesn’t exactly match up with this thread, just didn’t know where else to post it?
I receive music content by mail if not daily, for sure every other day or three.
I saw this article and found it interesting about drone delivery. What seems to me a potential problem for companies like Amazon or Walmart etc.; is similar to here in Sacramento, their large distribution centers are located very near to major airports. So we’ll have significant drone activity just hundreds of yards to major air traffic; how’s that going to work?
Amazon debuts its new delivery drone
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/06/05/amazon-debuts-its-new-delivery-drone.html?__source=iosappshare|com.apple.UIKit.activity.CopyToPasteboard

Not to mention those drones would be easy target practice for delinquents who have nothing better to do. The whole concept sounds C R A Z Y! Do we need more objects flying over our heads and highways.....and imagine mechanical failures.

IMO, Amazon's two day delivery is fine and those who want it overnighted are certainly free to pay the extra price. But drone delivery has way too many obstacles in its path ........ and the drone itself may potentially become the obstacle!

Not to mention those drones would be easy target practice for delinquents who have nothing better to do. The whole concept sounds C R A Z Y! Do we need more objects flying over our heads and highways.....and imagine mechanical failures.

IMO, Amazon's two day delivery is fine and those who want it overnighted are certainly free to pay the extra price. But drone delivery has way too many obstacles in its path ........ and the drone itself may potentially become the obstacle!
I was thinking more along the lines of F.A.A. Guidelines/Regs. and also nefarious hacking to control the drones. I’m sure given these companies’ massive influence and liquidity they have already planned for these issues; but still, one wonders.

Last edited:
I'm holding out for some sort of Star Trek replicator where I can download toilet paper. 😁

Im still waiting on my flying Jenson car ...my robot named rosie who does all the cooking n cleaning...and a job where i sit in a chair n push a button a couple times a day....damnit these things were promised to me as a child.....where are they????

Hmm...should I be expecting a drone with my Rush AFTK set later today?

The question in the future might be, "Hmm...should I be expecting my Rush AFTK set with the drone that arrives later today?" The potential snafus with early adopter drone delivery are going to be really fun...especially when the videos get posted on Youtube.

To those of us from the other side of Hadrian's Wall a drone looks like a part of one of these
!

Couldn’t find an appropriate thread to dump this one, so thought just in one of my own threads, sorta Upcoming Tech. stuff.
Not sure how I feel about all this; but I’m starting to wonder how long until I can get a Vario-Matrix decoder implanted into my noggin’- via 5G of course.

Elon Musk demonstrates brain-computer tech Neuralink in live pigs

Last edited:
Couldn’t find an appropriate thread to dump this one, so thought just in one of my own threads, sorta Upcoming Tech. stuff.
Not sure how I feel about all this; but I’m starting to wonder how long until I can get a Vario-Matrix decoder implanted into my noggin’- via 5G of course.

.............resistance is futile, you will be assimilated
1598712591460.png

Back