Ambisonics

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fizzywiggs41

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Mark ,

I have the Canadian edition of Steve Hackett's -Till We Have faces UHJ vinyl & cassette
Chrysalis/MCA CHM 41571 LP (Canada) , and cassette Chrysalis/MCA CHMC 41571 (Canada)

I notice on the Ambisonic Discography that you include the 3 or 4 BBC Matrix H Albums ?
Being that they are not Ambisonic , but quad , shouldn't they be included in the Quad Discography?

I thought I moved any popular MH titles to the quad discography but as you can see I have not updated the Ambi discography in many years and may have missed some. Thanks for the additions and heads up on the MH titles, i'll take a look.

I thought I moved any popular MH titles to the quad discography but as you can see I have not updated the Ambi discography in many years and may have missed some. Thanks for the additions and heads up on the MH titles, i'll take a look.

Okay Mark.

Just as long as your aware I'm sure in due time you will make those corrections.

BTW There is an error in the popular discography . You have The Shakti/John McLaughlin Concert Broadcast in the Matrix HJ format .
It was a show Broadcast on the 28th of May 1977 , when BBC Matrix H was still at the start of that formats introduction. And the BBC did not start any HJ until much later in the year (if any at all).
I believe BBC 78 listings actually commence mentioning HJ use in the Spring of 1978.

And again within the popular discography , just a reminder to include the BBC Matrix H encoded album by Norrie Paramor - 40 Years Of BBC TV , BBC Records REB 238 .

Thanks,

Fizzy

Okay Mark.

I believe BBC 78 listings actually commence mentioning HJ use in the Spring of 1978.
You are correct Fizzy, the first HJ broadcast was not until the 24th March 78 on Radio 2 ("Cliff Richard in Concert").
But the BBC were winding up the quad experiment by then and there were only 8 broadcasts in HJ, the last being on 1st July 78.

Last edited:
Okay Mark.

Just as long as your aware I'm sure in due time you will make those corrections.

BTW There is an error in the popular discography . You have The Shakti/John McLaughlin Concert Broadcast in the Matrix HJ format .
It was a show Broadcast on the 28th of May 1977 , when BBC Matrix H was still at the start of that formats introduction. And the BBC did not start any HJ until much later in the year (if any at all).

And again within the popular discography , just a reminder to include the BBC Matrix H encoded album by Norrie Paramor - 40 Years Of BBC TV , BBC Records REB 238 .

Thanks,

Fizzy
Thanks Fizzy for the updates and corrections. I really need a second set of eyes as I had Shakti in the radio discography as H but somehow missed the vinyl listing in the popular discography :rolleyes:.
I think I have all the Matrix H pulled from the ambi discography.
Thanks again

Back