America - Hearts - Audio Fidelity 4.0 Multichannel SACD (Jan 2016)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am using a sony blu ray/dvd palyer model bdp - 5380 with that logo that I can play those discs as you said some were in 5.1 so maybe when the mass produced it they put the label on a 5.1 in a 4.0 case. i remeber some of the old A&M record labels on the

orche label like the old TJB they used a mono cover and put the stereo disc in the cover and with a sticker that said in an oval label stereo. so who knows. strange things happening.like the blood sweat & tears one I got with spinning wheel it did paly in 4.0

I wish adio fideilty would release carly simon no secrets with your so vain. and nilsson smilsson with jump into the fire that drum solo as I remeber it from my CD 4 disc was great coming from all 4 speakers would be nice to hear those 2 again

huggy

You're still off the mark somewhere. I used a Sony Blu-Ray player with SACD compatibility for years, so do one more thing.
Go into settings and then music settings. First, make sure that under "Super Audio CD Playback Layer" it's set to "Super Audio CD", then under "Super Audio CD Playback Channel" make sure it's set to "DSD Multi".
Once you check that, then tell me what you hear after that.

that was the first thing I checked, it is set to super audio CD and it is set to DSD multi and still play in 5.1 so I just set in the settings in the CT width from 0 back to 7 so that the center with blend in with the right front,

huggy

that was the first thing I checked, it is set to super audio CD and it is set to DSD multi and still play in 5.1 so I just set in the settings in the CT width from 0 back to 7 so that the center with blend in with the right front,

huggy

I don't know how to help anymore, except that I know that this "CT width" setting is not usually utilized in processing surround sound directly from a disc player to a receiver, but it's late, I'm tired, and all of these posts should probably be deleted or moved to another thread as they are less about "Hearts" and more about player and receiver setup and settings.

no problem as I said I did not post for awhile so I forgot sorry about that, and thank you for all of your help ps the CT width is for turning off the center chennel thank again bye

huggy

Your player may be set to read multi channel SACD, but is it set to output in two channel? It seems like some Pro Logic is going on in your amp too. The CT width settings should make no difference outside of Pro Logic II Music.

Some players will only put out 2 channel if the video is set below 1080p on hdmi video out. My Pioneer does that.

Mike and Spock make excellent points.

Two other settings that are worth checking on that Sony Blu-Ray player are under the Audio Settings section.
Under "Audio (HDMI)", is it set to 'Auto' or 'PCM'? I would set it to 'Auto'
Then Under "DSD Output Mode", is it set to 'On' or 'Off'? If your receiver can definitely decode and playback DSD, I would set it to 'On'

Some players will only put out 2 channel if the video is set below 1080p on hdmi video out. My Pioneer does that.

Yes, excellent point. Also, if my TV is on and the channel is set to Blu Ray, my AV will automatically go to two channel unless the player HDMI output is set to "dual". (I have two outputs: one to the TV and one to the AV.)

hi guys I want to say this thank you all for helping me with this issue i had with hearts playing in 5.1 I disconnected all the plugs and reset my blu ray player and now hearts is playing in 4.0 and on the player I also rest that as well. i did not know if one

setting could do all that. so thanks again guys.

take care
huggy

Back