Analogue Productions Hybrid Stereo (and Mono) SACDs

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Darn. I bought the eponymous SACD about 6 months ago. Analogue Productions I think.

The greatest hits adds Magic Carpet Ride, but not worth a repurchase for me.

Listening now, much better than Judy Collins.
Stereo, SACD ripped to DSD64 through JRiver player.
CAPP_072_SA__106913__08302016060106-9960.jpg

Listening now, much better than Judy Collins.
Stereo, SACD ripped to DSD64 through JRiver player.
View attachment 35713

A Superb album, indeed Markie, but why compare to blue~eyed Judy Collins? This album was recorded Ambisonically with a single Calrec microphone and decodes well through my Meridian 861 pre/pro which has an ambisonic setting.

As for Judy .... guess you just had to grow up as a hippy in the tumultuous 60's to appreciate her, Joan Baez and Peter Paul and Mary. Light one up for me, Markie Mark!o_Oinstead of getting 'jacked' and 'brewskied!'

Last edited:
Last edited:
Acoustic Sounds/Analogue Productions still haven't released the Stereo SACD of Jimi Hendrix "Are You Experienced...." I pre~ordered that title sometime last year from Music Direct. Hope it isn't canceled!

They still have it listed as Coming Soon: https://store.acousticsounds.com/d/...rience-Are_You_Experienced-Hybrid_Stereo_SACD

Ironically, the 180g Vinyl version IS available [so WHAT GIVES????]: https://store.acousticsounds.com/d/...nce-Are_You_Experienced-180_Gram_Vinyl_Record

But at least the review of the vinyl pressing is encouraging:

hr.gif
Customer Reviews
star1.gif
star1.gif
star1.gif
star1.gif
star1.gif
(5.00 Stars) 3 person(s) rated this product.
Wonderful sound from QRP
posted on 05/13/2015
star1.gif
star1.gif
star1.gif
star1.gif
star1.gif
5 Stars
Reviewer: Stephen B.
This QRP pressing is fantastic! Highly recommended. The best sounding version of 'Experienced' that I've heard!

Last edited:
Darn. I bought the eponymous SACD about 6 months ago. Analogue Productions I think.

The greatest hits adds Magic Carpet Ride, but not worth a repurchase for me.

That Steppenwolf Gold release was one I really wanted...they had a defect on the CD layer and pulled the SACDs and were supposed to re-issue them...and it never happened...I have waited since Sept of 2017....they still list it as "backordered" on Acoustic Sounds which means nothing if you follow Acoustic Sounds...

I happened to be looking around on Music Direct and thought I would check my past orders...so there it was....the Hendrix Are You Experienced SACD...ordered Feb 12th 2018...over 14 months ago...and then I go to Acoustic Sounds and see the absurd "coming soon" category...where it's been listed in that category for months...

I happened to be looking around on Music Direct and thought I would check my past orders...so there it was....the Hendrix Are You Experienced SACD...ordered Feb 12th 2018...over 14 months ago...and then I go to Acoustic Sounds and see the absurd "coming soon" category...where it's been listed in that category for months...

And Clinty, I ordered from Music Direct about the same time you did [20% off] and since then, they've added New York State Sales tax to my pre~order. One has to really wonder what happened to the impending Hendrix SACD......

With my luck, when it's finally released, they'll probably raise the sales tax in New🗽 York ...... and legalize🍦🍰🍪🍩🍬🧁* Marijuana. o_O

*anticipation of the munchies!

Last edited:
Like many of you, I have had Are You Experienced on 2ch SACD on back order a looong time.

Still, I have a better AP story: for perhaps 3-4 years, I've had "Satchmo Plays King Oliver" SACD on pre-order. I even had conversations with Acoustic Sounds about when it would be available. They couldn't tell me when, but that "it was coming." Music Direct finally killed my pre-order a couple weeks ago. When will this SACD become available? How about NEVER! Guess I'll have to settle for the 200g LP.

We are now into May and Acoustic Sounds is STILL listing Are You Experienced as COMING SOON....and to give you an example of the difference in treatment....today I received this email from Acoustic Sounds(on the mailing list)with this long explanation about their premium vinyl release of the Hendrix Axis Of Love...with complete details about how many they are pressing...yada...yada...yada....but you can't get an honest response from them on whether the Experienced SACD will ever be released by them....

And the Steppenwolf Gold SACD with the defective CD layer...I suspect we will never see that one because they won't issue any correction discs(like AF did) and it's probably cheaper to just kill the title...

Hey Mark, just snoopin' around AS and found this blues SACD that you might like, I listened to a few song samples and appears to be basic blues but the price is right.
https://store.acousticsounds.com/d/...lite-Louisiana_Country_Boy-Hybrid_Stereo_SACD

JP, maybe a month ago, Acoustic Sounds was blowing out 7 older AP Stereo SACD titles and I listed them [including the one YOU listed] ....... and I did PM Markie concerning their availability.

BTW, I did buy ALL 7!

Ummmmm Snood ordered this last March 2019 :unsure: still on my preorder email - dated Mar 30, 2019 at 4:28 PM - only been close to a year so nothing new 🤪

Thanks for shopping AcousticSounds.com! We appreciate your business and will process and ship your order as quickly as possible. Your web confirmation number is Snood is Awesome

ORDER INFORMATION:
=========================================================================================

Special Shipping Instructions / Notes:
IF your order includes backordered items, they will be sent when they become available.

=========================================================================================
PRODUCT INFORMATION:

Qty Item Number Price Total Item
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 CAPP 120 SA $ 30.00 $ 30.00 James Gang / The Best Of The James Gang

Subtotal: $30.00 S&H Cost: $4.09 ------------------
Total: $34.09

Back