ANALOGUE REMASTERING - & what to do, with too much time, a lifetime understanding of, and a method of remastering - that works .?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QUIX4U

What to do - with too much time, a lifetime understanding of, and a method of not only DECODING - but of reassembly - via remastering - that works, taking ONLY that which is already "hidden" deep inside in plain sight to those who can see it buried in there, within the originally commercially released version - yet when one has finished extracting more and totally different audio channels that are hidden deep inside - and remastering the entire track - to ensure NOTHING is left behind (it contains all that it had before, but in a different position - where some new can be heard, some that was heard, is now buried deep within - yet - if one wanted too, one could turn it around & redo the original - sort of, maybe with better effects and echoes installed).

Maybe one would get this effect.. HARMONICS of the original - pushed back into itself - differently.

EIGHT TRACK - yet not eight being four duals - but ALL EIGHT tracks - all played together at the same time..

Swirling sounds, flip-flopping everywhere ..
All re-assembled deep within the original in a different order than they were "put" - when originally recorded and manipulated in the mastering record label's studio - before commercial release - many years ago..

THIS - is me jabbering enough - to let my twisted innovative inventor's brain -eventually GET (far enough into my own thoughts o get) ?
Directly indirectly - to the subject of the video itself..

Now - hear we go .. push THAT (tape paused to play) BUTTON THERE.. at precisely too far along the timeline for most to bother listening to someone idly jabbering ..?

2:25
That is the timestamp - to drag the player along into - where the jabbering STOPS, and the remaster begins playing - differently. to what was commercially produced.
Nothing added, nothing left behind.
The same - yet it isn't - is it?
Done years ago - when my "time-limit" for video uploads into YouTube - were cut at precisely NOT QUITE 10 minutes
Hence this - is precisely containing 2 minutes 25 seconds of talking (- way too much talking -) leaving not enough TIME to finish at 9 minutes and 59 seconds..

Video on YouTube - titled as:
(vid_2_of_3) MIXTAPE.wmv = Mono 2 Stereo WIDE MODE 'surround' & BEYOND = MOODS II (FAIR USE APPLIES)

Scroll along to 2 minutes & 25 seconds - to avoid falling asleep with my prattle & idle talk - which I used to do years ago when first into YouTube creations?
Or - click the link with the added timestamp - in the URL .. of ?
t= 145 seconds..

All my videos (well the older uploaded audio ones anyway) are/were done by me - when trying to explain my 1965 inventive deplexer-decoded analogue surround system, whereby I can extract whatever channel of audio signal that I want - so long as that is already contained deep within the original - yet cannot be heard until extracted "content" of the original - which I can use for remastering the original differently - or - like this video is done - to just "explain" how there are MORE THAN the simplistic four channel quadraphonic system ?
(which failed back in the late 1970's - as it did NOT address the age old problem, of dropped sounds, in deep silences - appearing in any listener's room - with ONLY four speakers).

THIS REMASTER - drags sounds anywhere across the sound stage (presented by a basic 2 speaker stereo player - into just two speakers) - yet ..
THERE IS NO SWEET SPOT.
There is NO missing content (except maybe the cut-off ending - but that's inconsequential here) & what's more.
NOTHING was added.
I used ONLY what was inside the original recording.

Yet - when you play this - even when comparing to the original ..
YOU CAN NOT GET ANY SWEET SPOT to occur, as - the ONLY similarities - exist inside your head as HARMONICS and waveform interferences that are created by the "simultaneous playing" - of two totally different sound tracks, as if they were always supposed to be PLAYED-WITH at the same time...

It's 5 am NZ Time - middle of winter - and asleep he's fast becoming - thus night night all - enjoy whatever sounds you like listening too - in whatever way you can - I'll catch you again sometime..

What to do - with too much time, a lifetime understanding of, and a method of not only DECODING - but of reassembly - via remastering - that works, taking ONLY that which is already "hidden" deep inside in plain sight to those who can see it buried in there, within the originally commercially released version - yet when one has finished extracting more and totally different audio channels that are hidden deep inside - and remastering the entire track - to ensure NOTHING is left behind (it contains all that it had before, but in a different position - where some new can be heard, some that was heard, is now buried deep within - yet - if one wanted too, one could turn it around & redo the original - sort of, maybe with better effects and echoes installed).

Maybe one would get this effect.. HARMONICS of the original - pushed back into itself - differently.

EIGHT TRACK - yet not eight being four duals - but ALL EIGHT tracks - all played together at the same time..

Swirling sounds, flip-flopping everywhere ..
All re-assembled deep within the original in a different order than they were "put" - when originally recorded and manipulated in the mastering record label's studio - before commercial release - many years ago..

THIS - is me jabbering enough - to let my twisted innovative inventor's brain -eventually GET (far enough into my own thoughts o get) ?
Directly indirectly - to the subject of the video itself..

Now - hear we go .. push THAT (tape paused to play) BUTTON THERE.. at precisely too far along the timeline for most to bother listening to someone idly jabbering ..?

2:25
That is the timestamp - to drag the player along into - where the jabbering STOPS, and the remaster begins playing - differently. to what was commercially produced.
Nothing added, nothing left behind.
The same - yet it isn't - is it?
Done years ago - when my "time-limit" for video uploads into YouTube - were cut at precisely NOT QUITE 10 minutes
Hence this - is precisely containing 2 minutes 25 seconds of talking (- way too much talking -) leaving not enough TIME to finish at 9 minutes and 59 seconds..

Video on YouTube - titled as:
(vid_2_of_3) MIXTAPE.wmv = Mono 2 Stereo WIDE MODE 'surround' & BEYOND = MOODS II (FAIR USE APPLIES)

Scroll along to 2 minutes & 25 seconds - to avoid falling asleep with my prattle & idle talk - which I used to do years ago when first into YouTube creations?
Or - click the link with the added timestamp - in the URL .. of ?
t= 145 seconds..

All my videos (well the older uploaded audio ones anyway) are/were done by me - when trying to explain my 1965 inventive deplexer-decoded analogue surround system, whereby I can extract whatever channel of audio signal that I want - so long as that is already contained deep within the original - yet cannot be heard until extracted "content" of the original - which I can use for remastering the original differently - or - like this video is done - to just "explain" how there are MORE THAN the simplistic four channel quadraphonic system ?
(which failed back in the late 1970's - as it did NOT address the age old problem, of dropped sounds, in deep silences - appearing in any listener's room - with ONLY four speakers).

THIS REMASTER - drags sounds anywhere across the sound stage (presented by a basic 2 speaker stereo player - into just two speakers) - yet ..
THERE IS NO SWEET SPOT.
There is NO missing content (except maybe the cut-off ending - but that's inconsequential here) & what's more.
NOTHING was added.
I used ONLY what was inside the original recording.

Yet - when you play this - even when comparing to the original ..
YOU CAN NOT GET ANY SWEET SPOT to occur, as - the ONLY similarities - exist inside your head as HARMONICS and waveform interferences that are created by the "simultaneous playing" - of two totally different sound tracks, as if they were always supposed to be PLAYED-WITH at the same time...

Welcome to the QQ -Keith is it?
Three questions entered my pea brain while watching your video:

1- what's the music in the video?

2- I see a reference to 7.3.1 - what does the speaker arrangement on that look like?

3- Is there surround extraction software you can share (if I'm understanding all this correctly)?

Not sure that Quad had failed in every circumstance, as it's still here and enjoyed by many as evidenced from remastering by Dutton Vocalion, Sony etc.

2- I see a reference to 7.3.1 - what does the speaker arrangement on that look like?

3- Is there surround extraction software you can share (if I'm understanding all this correctly)?

Not sure that Quad had failed in every circumstance, as it's still here and enjoyed by many as evidenced from remastering by Dutton Vocalion, Sony etc.

Hi - I just caught this as I was about to "unplug" (bedtime was hours ago) ..
Now as to what where and how?
Um - lets do the easy one first ..
3/-
None whatsoever, it's purely electrical signal paths being "played" directly ..
Then lifted and repositioned magicly - by a weird method I use - that I call "wide-mode"
Basically - I take the front summated channel of my octagon-ophonic system
And place it in (electrically) in one channel of a two channel recorder system (compact cassette tape usually).
I then lift the pure back channel - and position THAT inside the other channel of the tape recorder & hit play on the player & record on the recorder - and listen - sideways on - in wide-mode afterwards to ascertain if it was good enough -
Or if not I'll just wipe over it with something else later ;-)

Oh and if listening - one can UNPLUG one speaker at a time and get two different versions of the original audio.
As it's a completely different channel - 90 degrees OUT (or in) phase to the frontal center summated channel.

Lets see- I did that in my Delica Van - between 2003 & 2007 - using seven main channels - as well as FOUR sub-woofer channels.
ONE - being the summated channel - of the other three.
Hence 7 main channels.
3 subwoofers.
And a summated vibration super-sub..

Title of picture in my files says it all.
Music SOUNDZ a lot more - when 7p3 goes into 4x4

1.?
Taken from a commercially released tape.
Being the Moods II tape recording.

Attachments

• Music SOUNDZ a lot more - when 7p3 goes into 4x4.jpg
    Music SOUNDZ a lot more - when 7p3 goes into 4x4.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 100
Re:
J. PUPSTER said:

To the admin who still hasn't moderated this answer to the above questions a senior member has asked..
EVERYTHING I DO - transformativeness modifies all audio - to the extent that it ADDS a new dimension (the basics of non-copyrighted works) to what was once - a purely one dimensional (in 2D) audio - song, released commercially which - by being thus TRANSFORMATIVENESS altered, cannot be bought anywhere, nor does it f=detract from the original article's ability to earn it's dues - as it improves upon and thus is more - than the original was.

Check it out..
Transformativeness of adding a new dimension - as well as putting it into a visual form, is the proven method of countering any copyright claim.

Now - as to answer the questions raised when J. PUPSTER said:

Answer:
I also fiddle a bit with some - such as Gnarls Barkley's crazy song - which reminded me of the original crazy song of ..
An absolutely knuttz song (They're_Coming_to_Take_Me_Away,_Ha-Haaa!) - that rendered more than a few idiots listening to the radios here, a LOT suicidal - soit was rapidly BANNED from airplay here, away back in the 1960's not long after my sister "bought" a vinyl record - (before they too were banned from being sold?)

I thus used the vinyl - from 1966 and "intertwined it - with the crazy Gnarls one.. and got?
Well you go listen..
I made a tiny URL redirector into Youtube for it., to allow others before you - to go quickly (also I made it so that I can go there too) - no wait - that's just my multiple version of gnarls crazy - playing in dual directions simultaneously
www.tiny.cc/K_RAY_Z
Oops wrong crazy ?

Nah - the one I'm thinking of, being the older Napoleon version added to Gnarls song - is this one:
The muddled Take me away one is here..
YouTube direct URL..

;-)

Last edited:
Re Question TWO revisited..
HERE - or should I say SEE - this will provide you with a little insight - into where I find the audio signals -- as I can push them into torch globes - to provide LIGHT upon the answer to your question TWO ..

re>>
Altered..

Answer - in lights - no music.

SUBNOTE:
The old workshop - batchelor style years ago..
Is now altered itself, housing as it does, my (just got up and glared at me) - lovely lady partner - oh and a fussy cat that hates music totally ..

So I don't do much INSIDE where that was recorded .. in 2009?
That is - apart from testing small systems I modify in a test room, well away from them (in one of the sheds)

night night - it's after 6am - and I have meds to take at 8:30 am (diabetic - insulin etc) - thus need a few minutes sleep (an hour will suffice - as I'll snooze later in the day - via a grandad's nap I think it's called)

night night - it's after 6am - and I have meds to take at 8:30 am (diabetic - insulin etc) - thus need a few minutes sleep (an hour will suffice - as I'll snooze later in the day - via a grandad's nap I think it's called)
Hello Mr. Quix and welcome.
You are certainly off to an interesting start. Since you are posting under the Industry Corner section what is your professional involvement in audio? As a matter of fact I would suggest doing a self intro at the appropriate spot so we might get to know you better:

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...members-please-introduce-yourself-here.26426/

You are certainly off to an interesting start. Since you are posting under the Industry Corner section what is your professional involvement in audio? As a matter of fact I would suggest doing a self intro at the appropriate spot so we might get to know you better:

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...members-please-introduce-yourself-here.26426/

I've been looking for a 2020 new members section - but it came back as a 404 when I simplified the URL by changing 2019 for 2020 - so was waiting for some one (you'll do) to advise me on precisely where to find such a thread.. ;-)

Oh and as for my username:
QUIX4U™/© 1999
(it's a TRADEMARK username - that I use worldwide - so am a little sorry for the confusion - as my name is Keith (&/or John) Clare.
ie:
www.QUIX4U.co.nz will get you - into my (professional side) - John profile - on facebook
www.WSTLNZ.com will get you into the American Amplifier manufacturer's website, being the one person my business needed desperately at the time) that I was almost able to convince to come here (to live permanently in NZ to work) to build amplifiers for my business - sadly NZ's Immigration Department wanted a massive $NZ100,000 non refundable "deposit' (pure tax is what I said it was) - for a three years business visa that he needed to outlay the $NZ100,000 for the little visa ?- & So as both he & I were operating in bootstrap mode - with few funds, he stayed in America & I stayed here..
Check this out:
My URL/TLD and my picture added herein - of the three of us here in Roxburgh, NZ in 2014 holding his finalised prototype amp power module - and what it looks like - rotated and under a "flip-over" inside his own website:
www.WSTLNZ.com/xpa150a.htm
It's in my hands as I hold it along with it's USA Inventor George Kay
We are there along with his business partner Debra Jenkins - both of QES™ in Port Townsend - WA, USA..

Now - as to your "newbie" forum member - enlightenment ..

My "professional involvement" - yes - way too involved.
I am the original Owner of and thus CEO / Managing Director of WSTLNZ
Waitaki Sound Technologies Limited, New Zealand
An audio manufacturing business, (of my own 1965 inventive Deplexer-Decoder system, for un-muxing all & any format - of ANALOGUE audio - into it's fullest forms of individual channels of "All_Around™" surround sound).
It also does general engineering when required along with in-depth research and developments of various inventions (mainly my own).
We also do online ISP work via our (currently it's just) fifteen domain websites.
And I run several forums world wide - along with a few Facebook pages and groups..

My specialities.?
Patented inventor of a totally different (agricultural based) invention.
Oh and specifically audio?

Inventor / discoverer of multiple channel analogue surround sound, in 1965 and hand builder of the system ever since (no electronics involved - just pure electrical methods as per my "later gained" - NZ Registered Electrician status - has proven my earlier theories and working systems to be well behaved within the electrical properties of the audio itself.. no fancy-pants digital decoding required.

Plus l wear lots of other hats in the life long invention process, including - engineer of unusual things..
Hows this for something different..
;-)

I also build trailers.
Or trains..
Or multiple channel (analogue based) surround sound systems ..

Or - (as) - the list seems to keep getting longer - the older I get.

Attachments

• A478W (2003) COLT TRAILER (as modified - by 2018).jpg
    A478W (2003) COLT TRAILER (as modified - by 2018).jpg
    388.7 KB · Views: 103
  • My Trains - 101 (altered).jpg
    My Trains - 101 (altered).jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 150
  • 25x Channel Positionings - Total_Surround_Sound.jpg
    25x Channel Positionings - Total_Surround_Sound.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 114
  • 100_0059.JPG
    100_0059.JPG
    202.3 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:

?
Um .. Just realised what you said (in there)
re:

... posting under the Industry Corner section ...

Um - I thought it was the "start a new thread" (anywhere) section - as it's an amazingly difficult website to navigate across - and "starting" a general new thread - is so'oo difficult for this newbie to do - seeing the tab

START A NEW (anything) was way better than finding the real home page ..?
Sorry that I'm in the engineers INDUSTRY CORNER section (as by being an engineer - that "wording' probably led me to this page) ?

Is there a way for me to . probably not - redirect this page's thread - to the general talk page - um didn't think so

Oh well buggah as Toyota NZ would say - there goes another fence.

You never heard of the BUGGAH advert - no ?
Well get it here bro - this is my world NZ - Downunder.

She'll be right M8 - give it a push ?
Oops not that much yah wally

???

Last edited:
Back