And Now For Something Completely Different

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guy Robinson

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
For all you Monty Python fans here is good news. "The Life Of Brian" was finally made available on DVD last Tuesday and "The Meaning Of Life" is released tomorrow in a 2 disc set. "The Holy Grail" will once again be reissued in a 2 disc addition (what was wrong with the last 2 disc set release?) on September 9, I believe. I picked up TLOB last Tuesday and it is as good as can be expected for this type of title. In fact the video is better than I would have expected. I will be getting TMOL tomorrow but I will give THG a miss as I already have bought 2 versions of that movie on DVD and I am not going for a 3rd.

Guy Robinson said:
For all you Monty Python fans here is good news. "The Life Of Brian" was finally made available on DVD last Tuesday and "The Meaning Of Life" is released tomorrow in a 2 disc set. "The Holy Grail" will once again be reissued in a 2 disc addition (what was wrong with the last 2 disc set release?) on September 9, I believe. I picked up TLOB last Tuesday and it is as good as can be expected for this type of title. In fact the video is better than I would have expected. I will be getting TMOL tomorrow but I will give THG a miss as I already have bought 2 versions of that movie on DVD and I am not going for a 3rd.

Not intending to cause offence for the fans of the films -but I don't like them much myself. Oh, they were clever, but overly so for me. Of the lot, I prefer TLOB. But ultimately, Python worked better as a series where they could do short, generally unrelated sketches. A full length feature seems to drag it out a bit. Series availability is good over here in the UK; not too sure over in the US, but it shouldn't be bad.
I have seen the UK spec versions of the Python films though, and they've cleaned them up nacely, though I found the colour reproduction a little too vivid -back it down on your player, and you'll be on a winner. Sound levels seem a little on the low side too, not that that is too much of a problem ultimately.
Enjoy.
Scott

Oh, Jon:

I love your new sliding Bananna.

I promise I'll be good. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
There is a lot of "banana envy" going on around here!! :D :D
As long as no one is "Thinking of Linking", these bananas are there for all to enjoy!

:-jon

Banana's rule forever! (so does the series of Python!) Soon they'll take over the world, and the sooner the better IMHO. Beats mushrooms or trifids any day. :banana:
Spanish Inquisition! Nobody Expects them!
Scott

Back