And the 2020 Grammy for Best Immersive Audio Album goes to....

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No word--that I've heard--on whether the (presumably vaccinated?) judges for this category have finally found a "time that we are able to meet in a way that is appropriate to judge the many formats and configurations of the entries and is safe for the committee members.”

But over at IAA, QQ's own @sjcorne is already looking ahead to next year:
https://immersiveaudioalbum.com/202...ntenders/?mc_cid=4123ca4651&mc_eid=5e0ce96fec

Now just how many different formats are they going to have to provide playback capability for.

The table full of equipment will use up more floor area than the audience seating.

Maybe the distancing requirements can be met by having only a few in the listening room at one time and repeating the music over and over.

Indeed. It is beautifully recorded. It is the music I cannot tolerate.

I really like Clique - oh well!

American Soldier, available on blu ray, is outstanding. I was in the front row a few years back on Veteran's Day for the U.S. Army Field Band performing all of these songs - fantastic! I really recommend this highly to everyone, its that excellent!

Be thankful we aren't seeing any mumble rap on the list!

Ive not listened to rap since Run Dmc did Aerosmith however most recently Tom Macdonald was mentioned available on Utube n streaming. I like his songs especially "America" check him out.

Also Kid Rock just released new song called Dont tell me how to live which is good too

Morten Lindberg's 2L Recordings finally got an "Immersive" Grammy in 2019 after being nominated (and losing) year after year. Three of the 2020 and 2021 nominees--Tomba sonora, FRYD, and Still grender--are on the 2L label. Here's a long feature interview with Lindberg from Resolution magazine. Lots of insights into his process and his philosophy--and great pictures!:
http://www.2l.no/artikler/2L_Morten-Lindberg_Resolution-Magazine_12-2020_HiRes.pdf
And here's a 10-minute video tour of 2L's immersive mixing studio:

Back