And the 2020 Grammy for Best Immersive Audio Album goes to....

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can get it for $35 through IAA or through the artist's store. I'd personally recommend the files over the disc, since it's a burned BD-R and the visuals are nothing special (it's just the typical "pure audio" interface).
Does the artist get a larger share of the proceeds when purchased from the artist’s store? 🤔

I was actually considering submitting my album for the Grammys before taking a second thought after realizing it's not exactly the MOST inventive mix out there.

Also because no one would vote for me.
Until next year (or project) comes!

I was actually considering submitting my album for the Grammys before taking a second thought after realizing it's not exactly the MOST inventive mix out there.

Also because no one would vote for me.
Until next year (or project) comes!
Well then. What do you consider to be the most inventive mix out there?
And yes aim towards a next year submission!

2021/2022 nominees out today - can't say I recall the Harry Styles and Alicia Keys titles ever being released :unsure:

63rd Grammy Awards:
Bolstad: Tomba Sonora - Stemmeklang
Dear Future Self (Dolby Atmos Mixes) - Booka Shade
Fryd - Tove Ramio-Ystad, Cantus
Mutt Slang II: A Wake of Sorrows Engulfed in Rage - Alain Mallet
Soundtrack of the American Soldier - Jim R. Keene, the United States Army Field Band

64rd Grammy Awards:
Alicia - Alicia Keys
Clique - Patricia Barber
Fine Line - Harry Styles
The Future Bites - Steven Wilson
Stille Grender - Anne Karin Sundal-Ask, Det Norske Jentekor

2021/2022 nominees out today - can't say I recall the Harry Styles and Alicia Keys titles ever being released :unsure:

63rd Grammy Awards:
Bolstad: Tomba Sonora - Stemmeklang
Dear Future Self (Dolby Atmos Mixes) - Booka Shade
Fryd - Tove Ramio-Ystad, Cantus
Mutt Slang II: A Wake of Sorrows Engulfed in Rage - Alain Mallet
Soundtrack of the American Soldier - Jim R. Keene, the United States Army Field Band

64rd Grammy Awards:
Alicia - Alicia Keys
Clique - Patricia Barber
Fine Line - Harry Styles
The Future Bites - Steven Wilson
Stille Grender - Anne Karin Sundal-Ask, Det Norske Jentekor

Stille Grender is in Atmos on Apple Music..

https://music.apple.com/gb/album/stille-grender/1538656470

I don't know American Soldier, Alicia Keys, or Harry Styles (and don't know that I care to!), but all the rest are excellent, in their own individual ways. Lots of different approaches to surround and immersive mixing represented there, though. I'd like to read the new judging guidelines since they changed the name of the category.

Back