And the Grammy goes to....

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just started watching the Grammy's and was excited to see Silk Sonic open the show 😃

...uh then the music started... 😞

have you ever had coffee at a IHOP? kinda like watered down dishwater, that's how the sound is on this, like your hearing it just barely wafting out of a hall closet from down the hall.

I know it's live but, geez this suuuuucks!

OK so Chris Stapleton just performed a kind of Country-Blues song that I really enjoyed and it had some reasonable vocal presence and instrument definition; and backing strings that even cut through. 🤷‍♂️

On TV, the blabber incontinence is important. The music is background.

“Girl, you went to the bathroom for like five minutes, are you serious?”
“I have never taken such a fast piss in my whole life”

1649086035273.png

The Grammys live tv show has been dead to me since 1998.

1649086164283.png

Despite all my bitchin’ about the sound, I actually enjoyed the show. I thought all the performances were excellent, I liked Trevor Noah as the host and Lady GaGa just broke my heart with her love song to Tony. and, I’m happy Silk Sonic won some awards; is that whole album in Atmos yet :unsure:

But the sound was like the engineers set the boards up for a slow Billie Eilish song and just left for a smoke break for most of the show.

Every year there is a new thread about the Grammy's on the forum. Every year the response is overwhelmingly negative. For myself I would describe the Grammy's award show as at least being useful to me. By that I mean I listen to such little modern American or Brit music I'm sure there must be something good out there I'm missing. So the annual music awards show is a good way of recapping the year, give me some new music & artists in a Readers Digest format & I can make up my own mind if I want to follow up on something.

This year I did not watch it.... I didn't purposely ignore it I just sort of forgot about it. And I was in my Bassment again enjoying ELO's Eldorado again and then a live performance Blu-ray of the Radwimps.

i think its only in 360RA (on Tidal etc) at the moment?
Crap, just now found it on Amazon Music, it's true!
Headphone or dumbass Amazon smart speaker.

There's your answer.
Sent one of these to every Grammy voter?

1649089624946.png

Why is IAA hyping this?
Because the sad reality is, we are the lunatic fringe, and this is the future.

https://immersiveaudioalbum.com/2022/01/alicia-alicia-keys-spatial-audio/

Damn, it's a sunny day here.
Hopefully I can get on my bicycle with my phone and IEM earbuds later and check this Grammy-winning Immersive Album in fresh air & sunshine, not in the man-cave through speakers. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't have guessed it would be possible to have less respect for the people involved in this. But here we are.
Quoted For Truth
:(

Best Immersive Audio Album

Winner ~ Alicia, George Massenburg & Eric Schilling, immersive mix engineers; Michael Romanowski, immersive mastering engineer; Ann Mincieli, immersive producer (Alicia Keys)

Clique, Jim Anderson & Ulrike Schwarz, immersive mix engineers; Bob Ludwig, immersive mastering engineer; Jim Anderson, immersive producer (Patricia Barber)

Fine Line, Greg Penny, immersive mix engineer; Greg Penny, immersive mastering engineer; Greg Penny, immersive producer (Harry Styles)

The Future Bites, Jake Fields & Steven Wilson, immersive mix engineers; Dave Kosten & Steven Wilson, immersive producers (Steven Wilson)

Stille Grender, Morten Lindberg, immersive mix engineer; Morten Lindberg, immersive mastering engineer; Morten Lindberg, immersive producer (Anne Karin Sundal-Ask & Det Norske Jentekor)

Despite all my bitchin’ about the sound, I actually enjoyed the show. I thought all the performances were excellent, I liked Trevor Noah as the host and Lady GaGa just broke my heart with her love song to Tony. and, I’m happy Silk Sonic won some awards; is that whole album in Atmos yet :unsure:

But the sound was like the engineers set the boards up for a slow Billie Eilish song and just left for a smoke break for most of the show.

The Jon Batiste performance, production was amazing! No way I could have made it through the show live with all the commercials and speeches, but picking and choosing, using the fast forward button, it was better than I expected. Noah was great as expected but maybe a little tame after last week. Certainly glad I didn't miss it. Would have liked to see a Bo Burnham performance, but glad he won. The Billie Eilish performance was good and her shirt was pure class.

Back