Quad LP/Tape Poll Anderson, Lynn: Rose Garden [SQ/Q8]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate "Rose Garden"

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5: So-So

• 1: Bad Sound, Bad Mix, Bad Content

• Total voters

EMB

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Columbia CQ 30411, from 1971.

Side 1:

1. Rose Garden
2. For The Good Times
3. Another Lonely Night
4. I Don't Want To Play House
5. Snowbird
6. Your Sweet Love Lifted Me.

Side 2:

1. Sunday Morning Coming Down
2. I Still Belong To You
3. I Wish I Was A Little Boy Again
4. It's Only Make Believe
5. Nothing Between Us

ED :)

Hated it with a passion at the time, but hey, I was probably like 10 or 11......in retrospect and mindful of the commercial, imitative dreck pumped out of Nashville these days....I kinda like this one and play it every once in a while. My 1960s-70's country music collection seems to be expanding in general......why, I even bought a Buck Owens playtape!

Well, Buck was one of the best country/rock artists (yes, rock!) of his time. Always obviously country-commercial in his fashion, that Owens band (with Don Rich) could have played just about anything, and rocked it a bit too!

Lynn's album is pleasant, unassuming, innocuous...and except for the title hit, pretty vapid, to be honest. It wasn't her, really--she always sang well--but the cover versions are just Ok, the originals (or other covers) better, with the exception of the title track, which was actually a pretty spiffy update of a song that hadn't found its commercial potential until Lynn did it.

As a quad mix? A '6': basic, not exactly mediocre; predictable, but not uninteresting, and discrete in the usual polished, Columbia fashion.

ED :)

I like that the SQ quad mix is about 15 seconds longer than the stereo mix. I have uploaded the SQ of the song "Rose Garden" on You Tube.

[video=youtube;RKwgY7BUUPo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKwgY7BUUPo[/video]

0.jpg

Back