Android Phone to Chomecast 5.1

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stupy

QQ Supporter
Hi all,

I'm here pondering/battling the idea of trying to play 5.1 flac files on my phone... by connecting the Android phone to a Google Chromecast with Google TV... now the Chromecast can do 5.1 because it does it with YouTube but I've tried vlc, kodi and others and it keeps downmixing to 2.0 no matter the settings.

So my question is... has anyone managed to Chromecast from an Android phone to successfully play 5.1 music? :) if so, how did you do it?

Cheers

No-one at all? :-/

Still have not resolved this one. Surely there must be some way to cast/stream a multichannel file on a phone to play on an AV Receiver-?

No-one at all? :-/

Still have not resolved this one. Surely there must be some way to cast/stream a multichannel file on a phone to play on an AV Receiver-?
It's such a niche use that I wouldn't be surprised if it were not currently possible. It likely could be implemented, but is unlikely to be implemented by Google or even a third party.

Back