Andy Jackson "Twelve Half Steps" (New album mixed in 5.1 & Dolby Atmos!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So much for price protection. Looks like they changed the price right after it shipped. I guess I could buy another copy and return the expensive one.
I pre-ordered stuff from amazon and a few days after I received it got an email saying the price had come down and I got a refund, don’t do anything yet

Hello, fellow QQ experts. I don't understand... this has DTS HD Master 5.1 and in the opening post, it says 96/24 5.1 surround sound... Yet, when I rip this (with both MKV and also DVD Audio Extractor, the DTS HD Master is showing 48/24, not 96/24. What am I not understanding here?

I ripped with DVD Audio Extractor and yea its 48/24 5.1. But its got some great low bass tracks! Play it and you'll hear if you've got your low bass set audiophilely properly! I played the Atmos track yesterday on my basement Atmos system!

I ripped with DVD Audio Extractor and yea its 48/24 5.1. But its got some great low bass tracks! Play it and you'll hear if you've got your low bass set audiophilely properly! I played the Atmos track yesterday on my basement Atmos system!
Oh yeah, the bass is spectacular. I noticed that too.

I got mine yesterday and here are a few initial thoughts:

1. Great mix. Bass hits low and hard. I had to drop my surrounds 5dB (which I've never had to do for any other surround music I own) to balance everything out nicely. They're REALLY loud straight out of the box but you can fix it with a simple level drop.

2. Is track 3 Derién Gap or Darién Gap? There are both spellings on the Cherry Red website, disc, case artwork and booklet. I'm guessing Darién Gap as that's a geographic location.

3. Each track just kinda gets going and then it ends. But I guess that's cos they're half steps, right? The whole album is 50 minutes long though so it's not like it's a short one.

4. Andy should be scoring movies. I can imagine scenes while listening to his tunes. Hopefully, he gets some movie gigs cos his tunes will only make them better.

Buy I says!

Was kinda hoping Andy might drop by and say hello and talk about his new album. Come on down, Andy!!
He was back in Facebook answering some questions a few weeks ago, so maybe someone can gently remind him about QQ forum (I'm done with social networks, so no way for me to reach him back, unfortunately).
I'm listening now to the Blu-ray and the mix is outstanding.

Just set up my new Atmos capable

Sony STR-AZ1000ES Audio Video Receiver​

Playing this Blu-ray and really digging this album, especially “Egregore”. Increased the volume (Db) a couple of notches on the up fired speakers. I live in an apartment so no ceiling speakers. Anyway Atmos sounds great, it’s all over the place.
IMG_1250.jpeg

Last edited:
As an aside, the Signal To Noise cover lists Dolby THD, DTS Master Audio, & pcm. Of course THD and DTS MA would not be allowed on a DVDA disc so not sure what those logo's are about.
There was similar misinformation on the 2016 '73 Days At Sea' album. Which turned out to be a very basic DVD-Video disc and not a DVD-Audio disc: -

Ni04MTYyLmpwZWc.jpeg

Back